Compatible broker that allows CFD or Spreadbetting at small size?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
maffers001

Compatible broker that allows CFD or Spreadbetting at small size?

Postby maffers001 » 30 Aug 2018

Hi,

I'd like to try some automated strategies out at small size through a CFD or Spreadbet broker (instead of a futures broker where I must trade whole contracts) but I'm having some problems setting up.

I;ve tried connecting to the following (demo) accounts using the broker profiles available in MC:
  • Interactive Brokers - this connected and worked but I understand that minimum account size is $10k
  • Ava Trade - wrong account type error, must use AvaTrader software according to MC wiki but this is not an option on the Ava Trade website
  • FXCM - get an error relating to the disabling hedging in settings, FXCM support deny any knowledge of how to do this and say MC is not supported
  • Oanda - logs in ok but the authorization fails - get "impossible to connect" to Oanda errors
My question is, has anyone had any success in connecting Multicharts to a CFD type broker which enables them to trade an MC strategy at small size?

Thanks,
Mathew.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Compatible broker that allows CFD or Spreadbetting at small size?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Sep 2018

Ava Trade - wrong account type error, must use AvaTrader software according to MC wiki but this is not an option on the Ava Trade website
Hello Mathew,

To use AvaTrade account in MultiCharts it is necessary to have this account working in AvaTrader application. An account created for MT application will not work in MultiCharts. You will need to use Ava's website or contact support to get an account of the proper type. Also please keep in mind that they notified us of discontinuing the API we use for connection to them in the future, but they haven’t specified the exact day and didn’t notify us of introducing this change either.
FXCM - get an error relating to the disabling hedging in settings, FXCM support deny any knowledge of how to do this and say MC is not supported
FXCM is supported as a broker in MultiCharts, that is strange that they say the opposite and decline disabling hedging for your account. Here are the instructions we've found online:
Go to MyFXCM.com:
1. Click on the MyFXCM button on your Trading Station
2. In the browser window that opens, go to Account Settings
3. Select Hedging Functionality and set to Disabled
Oanda - logs in ok but the authorization fails - get "impossible to connect" to Oanda errors
You need to know your main OANDA account type – it can be v1 or v20.
Depending on the account type you need to select the corresponding API (v1 or v20) type in the data feed settings:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... .php/OANDA
Once data feed is configured – please setup the broker connection:
http://www.multicharts.com/trading-soft ... er_Profile
If you are still unable to login - please contact OANDA directly to have your account properly configured.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”