MULTICHARTS .NET 12.0 RELEASE 3

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS .NET 12.0 RELEASE 3

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Oct 2018

MultiCharts .NET 11.0 Release 3 build 17006 is out now!
You can check the change log in our blog.
Go to Download page

darob

Re: MULTICHARTS .NET 12.0 RELEASE 3

Postby darob » 10 Oct 2018

Edit: the exit strategy is remaining associated with the security now, I don't know why it seemed to behave differently earlier. Sorry. Still would like to see an option to associate the strategy with the chart and I'll eventually file a feature request. Thanks.

Hi Henry, exit strategies aren't being remembered, they no longer remain associated with a security when you load it in a chart. For that matter, having the exit strategy associated with the chart itself would be even better (and faster) so you don't have to select it at all.

Thanks,
Dave

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Oct 2018

Edit: the exit strategy is remaining associated with the security now, I don't know why it seemed to behave differently earlier. Sorry. Still would like to see an option to associate the strategy with the chart and I'll eventually file a feature request. Thanks.

Hi Henry, exit strategies aren't being remembered, they no longer remain associated with a security when you load it in a chart. For that matter, having the exit strategy associated with the chart itself would be even better (and faster) so you don't have to select it at all.
Hello Dave,

The exit strategies are global cross all MultiCharts charts and instances, they are not tied to an instrument. That is possible to save up to 4 exit strategy templates with the predefined settings that will be also global across all charts/symbols:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... s_Template

darob

Postby darob » 10 Oct 2018

Hi Henry,

It’d be great to be able to permanently auto-attach an exit strategy to a chart but it seems to unattach when the instrument is changed and I don’t always remember to attach it again. In fast markets this can be a problem. I’m open to the possibility I’m using it wrong or have overlooked something, this wouldn’t be the first time :)

Thanks

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 11 Oct 2018

Hello, darob!

Autoattach statuses for exit strategies are remembered for each symbol and account (not broker profile!) during one MultiCharts working session. Once you close MultiCharts, the status is forgotten. This is by design.
But the autoattach statuses can be permanently saved along with your workspace. You might want to use several charts for the frequently used symbols for which you can configure autoattach as required.

darob

Postby darob » 11 Oct 2018

Hi Anna, sorry I'm still confused. The status is forgotten when Multicharts is closed, which is what I have observed. So how do you save the statuses permanently with the workspace? This sounds like what I'm after but I haven't been able to do it. The strategy settings are saved, no issue there, just not the auto-attach statuses. Many thanks for the help.

Anna MultiCharts

Postby Anna MultiCharts » 12 Oct 2018

Darob,

If you use just one chart and switch symbols on it, then for each of the symbols the autoattach status will be remembered only during the working session of MultiCharts, and if you save the workspace before closing MultiCharts the autoattach status for the last used symbol will be saved too, and for all previously used symbols it will be forgotten.
So if you need to remember autoattach settings for several symbols that you use rather often you should consider having separate charts for each of the symbols so that autoattach is saved for each of them.

darob

Postby darob » 13 Oct 2018

Ok, thanks Anna. This isn't practical if you're scanning dozens of stocks for your setup, so I guess I'll place a feature request. Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”