Halting execution of indicator until VolumeProfile is finished building to avoid error

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
johnromeronc

Halting execution of indicator until VolumeProfile is finished building to avoid error

Postby johnromeronc » 06 Sep 2019

Is there an environment variable or some other way to be able to tell my indicator that is calculated using VolumeProfile Bid / Ask values @ each level to wait for the load / completion of calc of Volume Profile, so it's data / collections per bar are available to use?

If the indicator is on the chart when it starts / loads, then it gets an error & status is automatically changed to "OFF". once the chart is running, I can go back in on the "Format Indicators" window and turn the status to "ON" and all is well. I wold like to be able to set and wait for an event or use some kind of a loop that fires every 5 or 10 secs to see if the Volume Profile has completed.

a possible thought is to do a check for vp == null and return, then first time vp is not null tell indicator to recalculate. I also assume a bool switch / variable would need to be set up using Global Variable - to be able to keep the value, after the recalc so I don't end up in a continuous loop.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

John - struggling but getting better @ C# within MC.Net

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Halting execution of indicator until VolumeProfile is finished building to avoid error

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Sep 2019

Hello John,

Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to postpone the indicator calculation until all Volume Profile data is loaded. I have forwarded an improvement request to address that to our dev team.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”