MultiCharts .NET 12.0 Release 11

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Svetlana MultiCharts

MultiCharts .NET 12.0 Release 11

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 04 May 2020

MultiCharts .NET 12.0 Release 11 builds 20028 (x32) / 20029 (x64) is out now!
You can check the change log in our blog.
>>>Go to Download page<<<

Emmanuel

Re: MultiCharts .NET 12.0 Release 11

Postby Emmanuel » 04 May 2020

Good news !!! Thank you

We can get 10 years of tick data with rythmic ?? Does it works with CME e mini contract ? Does they have a continuous ES contract ? (to have continuous quote over multiple contract and multiple date of expiration ?)

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 05 May 2020

Good news !!! Thank you

We can get 10 years of tick data with rythmic ?? Does it works with CME e mini contract ? Does they have a continuous ES contract ? (to have continuous quote over multiple contract and multiple date of expiration ?)
Hello Emmanuel,

We tested it on ES continuous futures instrument and were able to download minute data since December 2011; tick data since February 2013.
To get continuous data from Rithmic please go to QuoteManager -> Instrument -> Add symbol -> From data source -> Rithmic -> add the current futures contract, e.g. ESMY (where M is month, Y is year).
Then right click the instrument in the QuoteManager list and click Edit Symbol. Change symbol name to ES.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 05 May 2020

Svetlana, This is really excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We tested it on ES continuous futures instrument and were able to download minute data since December 2011; tick data since February 2013.
Does this mean, that we can have 7 years of Volume profile/Volume Delta charts on ES with Rithmic ?

(I get only 6 months of tick data with IQFeed)

Thank you Svetlana for your answer, this is important

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 06 May 2020

Svetlana,

I am trying Rithmic this afternoon, I want add Rithmic as data provider in Multicharts.

I signed up

There is very few information on their web site.

How do we select which exchange we want ? I didn't received any link where we can manage the user account.

Which software do we need to install for Multicharts ? the standard version or the pro version of rithmic ?

I was able to connect to the rithmic paper trade server with the rithmic software, but that's all.

I was not able to search for a quote inside the rithmic software.

The rithmic software looks really empty with no information to set up the account

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 07 May 2020

Does this mean, that we can have 7 years of Volume profile/Volume Delta charts on ES with Rithmic ?
Emmanuel,

Yes, it does.
Also since MultiCharts 14 OpenBeta it is possible to plot Volume Profile/Volume Delta from minute data.

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 07 May 2020

Svetlana,

I am trying Rithmic this afternoon, I want add Rithmic as data provider in Multicharts.
Please refer to our wiki to configure Rithmic data feed

Currently MultiCharts does not require Rithmic software to connect.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 10 May 2020

Svetlana,
To get continuous data from Rithmic please go to QuoteManager -> Instrument -> Add symbol -> From data source -> Rithmic -> add the current futures contract, e.g. ESMY (where M is month, Y is year).
Then right click the instrument in the QuoteManager list and click Edit Symbol. Change symbol name to ES
I did it, I have the chart from the beginning of the session but not before

I am getting data from the beginning of the session, but I can not get any historical data .

I connect with "Rithmic paper trading account" and "RAPI" in the setting of the quotemanager.

What are the setting to have more historial data ?

Thank you Svetlana for your help

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 11 May 2020

Please select RAPI+ in QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data sources -> Rithmic -> Trading interface.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 11 May 2020

Svetlana,

It works !!!!!!!!!

This is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Svetlana, thank you very much for your help !!!!

Historical data are very important for good testing.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 15 May 2020

Svetlana,

I tried Rithmic this week.

Unfortunately, Rithmic is very limited in the quantity of data :

I downloaded only one volumedelta chart of one future (ES) April May 2020, and immediately, I received an email telling me , I downloaded too much data :
has requested 10050040784 bytes of historical market data out of a hard limit of 10000000000. This number of bytes exceeds the limits which exist for the protection of the Rithmic system and to protect our other customers from abuse.
At this point our system has automatically suspended all Historical Market Data Privileges for this user
It works probably well with 1 min bar charts, but not for footprint charts.

Rithmic support did answer me by email :
The average R|Trader Pro user uses less than 100 Megabytes (MB) of data in 1 week.
It is clearly not enough when you analyse the market with Multicharts, specially in the market of today

Which data provider can offer more than 6 months of historical data tic without this kind of limitation ?

(for the footprint chart)

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”