MCFX feature requests topic and poll

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.

We’re constantly receiving requests for features. This topic is intended to gather and sort by priority the requests that will influence our roadmap. Please vote for the features you need most in the poll below and feel free to add more in this topic.

Principal features, e.g.: Strategy backtesting, Complex/Genetic optimization, Portfolio backtesting, Automated trade execution
46%
Improved usability, e.g.: Open study from MCFX directly in PowerLanguage Editor
7%
Charting, e.g.: Seasonality, Playback, Volume delta charts
4%
Interface, e.g.: “Live data” indicator, Trendlines&Text in indicator subcharts, Manage workspaces by clicking on the tab
11%
PowerLanguage, e.g.: Brackets for advanced commenting in code, Additional EL functions like text settings etc.
No votes
Reliability e.g.: Additinal backup datafeeds
32%
Other: Add your request in the thread
No votes

Total votes: 28

Alex Kramer

MCFX feature requests topic and poll

Postby Alex Kramer » 26 Jul 2006

Feature request and poll

dof

Postby dof » 26 Jul 2006

* Ability to chose data feed of a chart(symbol). It would be awsome. This is the way you can verify the corectitude of FXCM or other source.

* Email alert.
It's not a problem yet because I've made my on C# application to email (sms) me everytime a new popup window apears, but it would be nice to have this feature direct in the software.

Trade from chart

Postby guest » 31 Aug 2006

It would be great to trade directly from the charts.

Interface:
Color the active tab. Its difficult to find out which is the current tab.

Audio alert:
audio alert is either once or repeat. It would be nice to set the number of times to repeat alert OR no. of seconds to sound the alert.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 01 Sep 2006

Trading directly from the chart is under consideration for the future;
Interface:
Color the active tab. Its difficult to find out which is the current tab.
We're using the usual system way of managing and hightlighing tabs as, say, in MS Excel; what you mean is that the tab of the active workspace must assume a different color or something else?
Audio alert:
audio alert is either once or repeat. It would be nice to set the number of times to repeat alert OR no. of seconds to sound the alert.
We'll consider this, it makes sense.

aussiefx

Additional "feature" request

Postby aussiefx » 31 Oct 2006

A couple of things I'd like to see -

The ability to authenticate through a proxy so it can be used from more places, like my office.

An "offline" mode so I can log in and look at charts without having to connect to the data feed

Ability to connect to different data feeds, but I'm assuming that is what Multicharts is aimed at?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 01 Nov 2006

Yes, you're probably more a target customer for MultiCharts; it's possible to install it on several PCs and use from one at a time, it has an offline mode and a wide selection of data feeds - but not including FXCM.

aussiefx

Fibonacci extension

Postby aussiefx » 12 Dec 2006

Guys,

One feature that would be really usefull is the Fibonacci expansion (not retracement as you already have - which in itself is useful). If you're not sure what I mean you can check out how it works on MT4 and TS

Cheers,
Aussiefx

pmcgrew

Postby pmcgrew » 26 Dec 2006

email alerts would be a great improvement!

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 07 Jan 2007

Another thing that would be nice is to be able to select a number of months / weeks / days back for the data range rather than having to figure out how many bars it is. Maybe making it an additional selection option to the "bars back" and "from date" options. This would make it so much easier than having to calculate (or guess) as an example how many bars 6 months of 15 minute bars works out to.

pmcgrew

Postby pmcgrew » 08 Jan 2007

A playback mode would be extremely helpful. TS has arrogantly refused to do this despite years of begging.

vsatrader

Tick Volume

Postby vsatrader » 10 Jan 2007

It would be a great help if you could collect tick volume, as this shows supply and demand very strongly, you can get it on eSignal and MT, but I prefer MCFX.

Pretty please?
Attachments
Cable2.jpg
(191.04 KiB) Downloaded 1446 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 11 Jan 2007

We will implement this feature in future.

Ser Pip

Backtesting!

Postby Ser Pip » 22 Jan 2007

I would like to see the ability to back test strategies, the ability to use MCFX offline so that you could develop strategies and back test as well as email alerts.

I would gladlyy upgrade to the $79 version for these features

aussiefx

Accuracy and reliability

Postby aussiefx » 25 Jan 2007

I think above all else, with my recent experience with MCFX Pro, accuracy and RELIABILITY of the software AND the data feed are the most important features to me. Please address these issues as a matter of HIGH PRIORITY.

Kate

Postby Kate » 25 Jan 2007

We are devoting almost all our time and effort to fix the problem with the missing data reported in the previous topics and believe that we will fix it soon.

As concerns reliability, we will do whatever required to make our program more reliable.

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 29 Mar 2007

Would it not be of benefit to users and TS if data from the feeds was saved?

Users wouldn't have to wait so long and the servers wouldn't be swamped with requests for large amounts of data all the time.

At least you could have an option to save up to a certain amount.

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007

Would it not be of benefit to users and TS if data from the feeds was saved?

Users wouldn't have to wait so long and the servers wouldn't be swamped with requests for large amounts of data all the time.

At least you could have an option to save up to a certain amount.
Yes, I would say that this is a fairly big issue for me. It takes too long for a new chart to refresh. I makes "skimming" through time frames impossible. I also prefer MCFX, but I have to use my E-signal account to jump around... and I HATE the E-signal charts..! so please fix this, lol... Thanks...

gian piero

Point Value changing

Postby gian piero » 13 Jan 2008

From the Back-Testing Strategy Performance Report/Settings, it would be NICE to change the Point Value = $100000 to other values since some people have mini-accounts to trade.

Also, It would be nice to see in the reports the pips gained/lost, and not every single thing in means of money/profits.

Thanks.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Feb 2008

Hello gien piero,

We are planning to work on Strategy Performance report to have it work correctly for both standard and mini-lots.

gian piero

Postby gian piero » 06 Feb 2008

Hello gien piero,

We are planning to work on Strategy Performance report to have it work correctly for both standard and mini-lots.
OK, thanks a lot.

Also, if I choose to automate my strategy, will the modality of the FXCM account be transparent to the user?

In other words, lets suppose the strategy is programmed to trade always 1 contract. if I automate the strategy over a FXCM mini account, will MCFX automatically recognize that the account is a mini account and trade mini lots?
The same goes with the standard account: will MCFX automatically recognize this and trade standard lots over my account?

If this is not automatic, then how can I manually accomplish this?

Thank you very much for your help Marina.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Feb 2008

Dear gian piero,

To have MCFX adequately handle standard or mini-lots, the lot size must be explicitly indicated in the strategy settings: go Strategy Properties -> Properties -> Fixed Shares/Contracts and type in 100,000 for the standard account or 10,000 for mini-lots.

Regards.

Return to “MCFX”