EasyLanguage question

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
stepwise

EasyLanguage question

Postby stepwise » 29 Jul 2006

Hey there,

I have successfully coded my indicators and functions from my existing package into EasyLanguage.

I have attached two charts (one from my original package and one from MCFX).

I need help making my MCFX chart look like my original one.

Basically, I want the histogram zero point to be lined / shifted up around the 50% mark.

I know my question doesn't make any sense but if you could look at the charts it might be better.

Note: The VALUES for both lines and histograms are IDENTICAL in both charts - it's just that somehow my original package was able to "shift" the display of the histogram midline up to the 50% mark.

As usual, your help and time are GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard
Attachments
GoalChart.png
This is how I want my histogram to be lined up.
(74.58 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
MCFXChart.jpg
This is my current MCFX chart - just need histo to be realigned / shifted up.
(841.93 KiB) Downloaded 531 times

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 30 Jul 2006

Unfortunately the first screenshot is not good and I can't see the difference well. Is it possible to post here the code of the indicator or send it to me privately? In this case we'll be definitely able to help.

stepwise

Postby stepwise » 30 Jul 2006

Hey Standley,

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the code that enables this feature - I can't even determine what property it is that sets this.

I'll try to explain it here.

1. Stochastic %K line is plotted with a range of 0 to 100 - meaning its midline is 50.

2. Stochastic Spread (difference between SlowK and SlowD) is plotted as a histogram. Range for this is also -100 to 100 - meaning its midline is 0.

3. I want the %K line midline (50) to be lined up with the histogram midline (0) so that the two are overlayed.

Currently the %K line is always above the histogram. The chart I uploaded showed what it looked like with them overlayed on top of each other.

Let me know if that makes sense. If not, I'll have to try resending a chart image with descriptions.

Thanks.

Richard

stepwise

Just to clarify, when I say I don't have access to the code I am referring to my original charting package.

If you need the code for what I have done in MCFX just let me know.

Ultimately though, this is really a display manipulation and not a change in calculations.

With my old package, histogram midline of 50 is somehow lined up with the midline of the %K line (0). It is my goal to achieve this in MCFX. I do know this has been done in TS so I am assuming it can be done in MCFX as well.....hopefully.

:)

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 30 Jul 2006

Thank you very much for the additional explanation. One of the way to do it is to create 2 different indicators - one for the histogram and other for the line. For example I took CCI with -300 +300 range and RSI with 0 +100 range. I applied both on the chart and then simply drug and drop one on the other.
Attachments
overlay.gif
(56.95 KiB) Downloaded 542 times

stepwise

Brilliant! Thanks.

Return to “MCFX”