MCFX problems fixed

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
Alex Kramer

MCFX problems fixed

Postby Alex Kramer » 10 Oct 2006

Dear customers -

With the aid of your feedback we have been able to fix the MCFX problems, thanks everybody for the feedback!

Note: Since MCFX has been showing stable, error-free perfomance for a month, we will resume charging the payment for it.

dof

Re: MCFX problems fixed

Postby dof » 17 Oct 2006

Dear customers -

With the aid of your feedback we have been able to fix the MCFX problems, thanks everybody for the feedback!

Note: Since MCFX has been showing stable, error-free perfomance for a month, we will resume charging the payment for it.
There were server related issues? Because I didn't received a new version of mcfx.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 17 Oct 2006

A new version of MCFX is due out soon with some minor improvements, we'll notify all users.
The issue that was fixed was on the server side, related to the data source API and there's no need to update the client software to fix it.

dof

Postby dof » 17 Oct 2006

A new version of MCFX is due out soon with some minor improvements, we'll notify all users.
The issue that was fixed was on the server side, related to the data source API and there's no need to update the client software to fix it.
I see, I thought so, did you changed the data feed or it's still FXCM?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Oct 2006

The data source is FXCM, that hasn't been changed.

aussiefx

Why oh why FXCM...

Postby aussiefx » 14 Dec 2006

Alex,

Reading the history on this thread and what I am seeing regularly, why are you stuck with FXCM as the data provider. They would have to have some of the dodgiest data going. Compared to my 3 other sources, the data you guys get is far and away the worst - gaps all over the place.

Are there any plans to offer alternative data sources?

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Dec 2006

Yes, we are going to offer new data feeds and planning to add GainCapital (Forex.com).

pmcgrew

Postby pmcgrew » 26 Dec 2006

Yes, we are going to offer new data feeds and planning to add GainCapital (Forex.com).
Adding Gain data is great news! Any idea when that project might be completed?

Kate

Postby Kate » 27 Dec 2006

The exact date is not specified yet. We will inform our customers as soon as it is scheduled.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 02 Jan 2007

Kate,

I hope it is sooner rather than later, considering there's nothing there from FXCM at the moment (see Charts not updating post). Please make this a priority.

BTW - I am now testing the Beta that is supposed to fix the connection issues. I'll post my results on this forum.

olivier santrot

Postby olivier santrot » 04 Jan 2007

most data sources provide forex spreads with 1 or 2 pips precision
can yu tell me if gain capital(forex.com) yur new data feeds in the coming days should be with 1 or 2 pips

thx

Kate

Postby Kate » 09 Jan 2007

can yu tell me if gain capital(forex.com) yur new data feeds in the coming days should be with 1 or 2 pips
GainCapital provides Forex spreads with 3 pips.

olivier santrot

Postby olivier santrot » 11 Jan 2007

GainCapital provides Forex spreads with 3 pips.

ok, its really difficult to understand why yu are unable to get data feed with 1pips precision when now some broker r showing 0.5 pips spread to deal
(dukascopy )
for a broker i can understand 3 pips (spread=margin) but for data feed ?

i m sur yu should have more customer if yu can show 1 pip spread

Kate

Postby Kate » 11 Jan 2007

Olivier,

According to the majority of our customers and other Forex traders, they prefer using FXCM or Gain Capital, thus not pips but our customers' opinion influenced our choice of data feeds.

Return to “MCFX”