What's with the data feed...and other issues

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
aussiefx

What's with the data feed...and other issues

Postby aussiefx » 08 Nov 2006

Look, I realise the Democrats won something or other in the US but is that any reason for EURUSD and USDCHF to gap 40 odd pips?? I checked 3 other platforms I have access to and yours is the only one with this massive gap. What gives? (Glad I'm not trading here :!: )

On my 240min chart, there are blank "bars" all over the place - why?? I have checked the setting and the "show empty periods" is not checked.

Next, why does MCFX take 5 minutes to start up, and that's on a good day! I only have 3 work spaces with 4 charts in each. The same 4 currencies in each. A 15 min, 60 min and 240 min. To say that's not good is an understatement. Doesn't your system store the data locally (for what it's recieved) then only need to update the new stuff.

There are other things I'd like to add but it's getting late and I need some sleep. Please, get the basics sorted - you have a potentially great package on your hands but it just falls over on some of the simple things.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 08 Nov 2006

Thanks you for the input.
Could you please send a screenshot showing those gaps highlighted?

We don't store data locally, as it takes just a few seconds to download. Also, could you please send the workspaces where this problem occurs, we'll estimate how long it takes here. Side note - the McAffee security suite is known to dramatically worsen performance, you might need to try disabling it.

aussiefx

More issues...

Postby aussiefx » 09 Nov 2006

Alex, I'll post the screen shots over the weekend (I can't from work, where I am writing this, as I can't access MCFX from here due to proxy / firewall problems). Just been too busy with other things.

One thing that hasn't helped are the ongoing problems I'm having with MCFX. Again last night it gave me grief. Allow me to elleborate.

I trade the London session, then go to bed, and when I get up I check the NY session. Turns out last night MCFX lost it's connection around 2:30am (AU EST) and couldn't reconnect. I had MT and my broker platform up as well and neither ot them lost connectivity. MCFX kept blinking "trying to reconnect" in the bottom of the window but no luck. I had to restart MCFX completely. It then took four (4) attempts to log back in. Once it decided to reconnect it took 7 minutes to bring up the 3 workspaces with the 4 same currencies in each - I was right there timing it. I had turned all other aps off - all it was trying to run was MCFX.

I have a 512/128k ADSL connection. The PC is a P4 1.8Ghz with 768MB RAM. Ok, not a super computer but it has never given me trouble before. I do not have McAfee running. I am running WinXP SP2, Nortons antivirus and that's it. That PC is doing nothing but charting, and there is nothing competing for download bandwidth as I have turned everything off.

I still have a few weeks left to decide wether to stay with MCFX or not and so far it's more not than stay. Sorry to seem so blunt but this is a business to me and I can not afford to stay with a service that does not meet my requirements effectively.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 10 Nov 2006

As I write this I am yet again waiting for MCFX to "reconnect". At 17:15 EST it lost it's connection, again, and could not reconnect, again and yet I managed to jump on the net right away and post this...hmmm...I think it's fair to say the problem was not at this end.

Well, it's now 9 MINUTES and counting since it managed to reconnect (after an app restart) and I'm still waiting for one of my charts to come up. I waited for it to come up completely and it took over 10 minutes. It seems to be getting worse!

I have attached 2 screen shots, one of the gap in the USDCHF and one of the set up of my work space.

So far I am less than happy with this product. It's been slow and unreliable - not what one needs when trading forex, especially when paying for the service. I would appreciate some action or feedback in what is being done to improve this.
Attachments
ScreenHunter_1.jpg
(40.78 KiB) Downloaded 571 times
ScreenHunter_2.jpg
(90.25 KiB) Downloaded 574 times

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 10 Nov 2006

The problem with constant reconnections is caused by instable Web connections, we were able to reproduce it here and will fix this next week.

As to the slow loading, please send us not the screenshot but the workspace file (.mcw file itself), we'll open it here and measure the performance.

Return to “MCFX”