Same old issues - connection, load time - any progress????

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
aussiefx

Same old issues - connection, load time - any progress????

Postby aussiefx » 14 Dec 2006

Guys,

I hate to sound like a broken record (or scratched CD for those not familiar with vinyl) but the same old issues keep coming to annoy me, an now even more so as I am trading LIVE.

The first and by far the most annoying is that MCFX keeps loosing it's connection and can't reconnect. For a little while after my account was renewed it was just a matter of closing it down and restarting it and away it would go. Over the past couple of weeks it has become progressively worse. It's now back where I was last month. I would be (exteremely) lucky if it would stay connected for a day. And when I try to reconnect it takes at least half a dozen attempts. THIS IS A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!

I know for a fact it is not my internet connection as I have other apps that are running to monitor my connection and none of them show any problems. What is being done to address this problem? How far away is a fix? Am I the only one having this problem? (others reading this, please let us know if you're experiencing these issues as well).

The second issue, which is all the more annoying because of the above problem, is how LOOOOOONG it takes to load the charts. I don't know any trader who only has 2 or 3 charts open. I trade (monitor for trades) at least 8 pairs, with 5 charts for each pair (different time frames). Once I manage to connect (see above) I can literally go an have a shower and come back before they're all up. I have even upgraded my ADSL to 1.5Mb/s (double my previous connection) and it's still excruciatingly painfully slow.

As mentioned I think you have a (potentially) great product on your hands but these two points are driving me to dispare!!! I would just like to know what, if anything is being done to fix these and what time frame we're looking at.

Oh, and adding a Fib Expansion tool would be much appreciated too!

Merry Xmas!

Kate

Postby Kate » 15 Dec 2006

Aussiefx,

We have fixed the problem with these constant reconnections and are preparing a beta version that will be sent to you soon.

As concerns your second issue, we tested your workspaces and confirm that MCFX works slowly with such amount of data, I mean 1 year of 15 minutes bars. Actually, it will work faster if you request not so many history data. Do you need this data to back-testing? But we are planning to add 5 minute resolution so that such resolution as 15 minutes will be loading 5 times faster.

As to a Fibonacci Expansion tool, we'll add this to our To-Do list.

Kate

Postby Kate » 15 Dec 2006

Dear customers,
If you want to receive MCFX beta I mentioned in the previous post, please let us know and we will post the link here.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 16 Dec 2006

Kate, I have reduced the back data for the lower time frames and that has offered a marginal improvement. However, I have occasions where I do require that amount of data, as you guessed, for back testing,

I will definetly put my hand up for a beta version that addresses the reconnect issues.

I hate sounding like a whinger but as in any business (and yes, this is a business for me) time is money, as is reliability. I look forward to when these issues are resolved.

dof

Postby dof » 16 Dec 2006

I would like to have a newer version. Where can i get it from?

Kate

Postby Kate » 18 Dec 2006

As soon as we prepare this new version we will post an announcement with the link.

aussiefx

Time frame???

Postby aussiefx » 19 Dec 2006

Kate,

Do you have any idea as to when this new version will be available? I am really desperate to at least have these nagging connection problems sorted out. Just last night the connection died at the most inopportune moment and it is now literally costing me money.

Kate

Postby Kate » 20 Dec 2006

Tomorrow we will post an announcement with the link to a beta version of MCFX and after the New Year we will make an official release.

Kate

Postby Kate » 22 Dec 2006

Dear customers,

Here is the link to a new MCFX version I mentioned in the previous post: ftp://64.38.8.218:1021/MCFX.720.571.exe

Your feedback will be most appreciated.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 26 Dec 2006

I'll run it in parallel to the old MCFX (on a different PC of course) and let you know how it goes.

Return to “MCFX”