Question on setting price alerts...

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
terminal7

Question on setting price alerts...

Postby terminal7 » 14 Dec 2006

I was wondering if someone might be kind enough to clue me in on how to set price alerts with MCFX. Specifically, can you set an audio alert based just on price without it having to be connected to a study? I noticed the alerts functionality IS there, but it seems to be integrated with the studies - none of which I use. Thanks!

I'm a new user and so far very happy with MCFX. Noticed a lot of posts on data issues but personally have not had any problem with that yet... (knock on wood). The charts look great, are very flexible, and the data seems reliable. Also really like the price compression ability which I never knew of prior to MCFX.

Have just one suggestion for improvement... MCFX has some great TA tools but very few symbol tools (except for the up and down arrow). For people like me who count price rather than using TA we need symbols (small to big dots or squares or a mix) in order to show the count at various scales. Just 5 or more of these types of symbols would be sufficient for those using alternate forms of analysis. The ability to draw various size numbers would probably also do the trick but whatever the tool they need to be easy to use - you should be able to use them repeatedly without having to re-select the tool each time.

Kate

Postby Kate » 15 Dec 2006

Dear Terminal7,

If you have MCFX Pro, to set price alerts you need to write a simple code using price values as Inputs and enable the required alerts. We can even provide you with such a code.

Actually, so far it is impossible to set price alerts in MCFX Basic but we are going to add them to the drawing tools so that you can use them together.

As to the symbol tools, could you post a screenshot illustrating what you mean or tell us what charting packages have such tools?

terminal7

example graphic from MS Paint

Postby terminal7 » 15 Dec 2006

Hey, that's great to hear you'll be adding price alert functionality to the line and other drawing tools. I am using MCFX Basic so I look forward to that. Any idea when it might happen?

Here's the example you asked for. I currently use MS Paint to analyze my charts but it would be great to be able to notate them in MCFX w/o having to use Print Screen to copy and throw into Paint and analyze, then have to do everything again when a new wave event appears on the live chart.

I'm using a symbol strategy that is unheard of but I'm sure that anyone using EW analysis or some simular strategy where events of different scales must be marked would welcome the symbol tool feature. I haven't run into any other charting packages that have that ability - which is why I have to use MS Paint.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
symbolExample.gif
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 541 times

terminal7

one more feature recommendation...

Postby terminal7 » 15 Dec 2006

One last thing. The ability to save a chart image as a graphic file would be a useful feature as well.

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 18 Dec 2006

Dear Terminal7,

We are planning to add price alert functionality to the drawing tools in the first quarter of 2007.

We appreciate your ideas regarding symbol tools and will consider this.

As to the ability to save a chart image as a graphic file, it is already implemented and you need to go to File->Save as.
Great! I look forward to price alerts. It will be a huge help.

Thanks for considering my symbol tools idea. As alluded to earlier all that would be needed is maybe half a dozen shapes, the ability to change symbol colors, and a means of rapid application of them on the chart. Numbers might suffice if the font size could be easily changed but in my opinion symbols are better as colors and shapes are more quickly understood by the eye and brain.

Under the File menu the only option I see is "Save Workspace" and "Save Workspace As". If I choose the later MCFX only offers to save it as a ".mcw" file - there are no graphic options such as .jpg or .gif.

Rgds

Kate

Postby Kate » 18 Dec 2006

Dear Terminal7,

We are planning to add price alert functionality to the drawing tools in the first quarter of 2007.

We appreciate your ideas regarding symbol tools and will consider this.

As to the ability to save a chart image as a graphic file, it will be added in the new release.

Return to “MCFX”