MCFX Loading Time

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
pmcgrew

MCFX Loading Time

Postby pmcgrew » 03 Jan 2007

After reading criticisms of the MCFX chart load time I decided to run an experiement to compare TS and MCFX and their ability to load.

Here's the test: From a platform closed condition load a workspace with 4 charts of 6 months of 15 minute data which also includes a hidden 60 minute chart also with 6 months' data. Each of the 4 charts has all of the Currensys.com indicators automatically applied to each. This required each chart to pull in just over 14,000 quotes on each of the 15 minute charts and an additional 3500 quotes on the 60 minute chart.

The results:

MCFX took 90 seconds to load
TS took 55 seconds to load.

I ran the test twice on each platform.

Yes, MCFX is a little slower but it is also $210 USD cheaper. For that I am willing to wait an additional 35 seconds.

Best regards,
Phil

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 03 Jan 2007

Dear Phil,

Thank you very much for the information. We understand that the speed and reliability of the data you receive directly affects your trading, so we’re committed to making sure that it's fast and of the highest quality. The advanced technology we use provides high data compression, this keeps the data packets small, which means you should receive the data at remarkably fast speed. Please don't forget that TS has a data cache and most probably you have already had the data saved there which made the result better.

pmcgrew

Postby pmcgrew » 03 Jan 2007

Stanley,

Yes, you are correct. I did not clear out my cache for TS. Doing so will definitely increase load times.

PHil

Alexey Kramer

Postby Alexey Kramer » 06 Jan 2007

Phil,
BTW We are adding 5 Minute resolution on MCFX server. It will improve loading time 5 times since your 15 and 60 minute charts will be constructed from 5 minutes. It will be a big improvement for your and similar setups.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 06 Jan 2007

When are you planning to add the 5 minute resolution? Just curious as I use 5, 15 and 60 minute charts a lot so that would be a great help.

Alexey Kramer

Postby Alexey Kramer » 07 Jan 2007

Aussiefx,
I have no specific release date, but it seems the development will be completed the next month.

Return to “MCFX”