Help! Charts are NOT updating.

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.

charts not updating

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2007

Terminal7, Are you still having problems with your charts. I am wondering if its just me tonite. I dont know how you made out yesterday but I got spanked big time. I realized my indicators were messed up just a little to late and by then it was to late, To be politicaly correct almost heard the big girl sing. I am managing to keep treading water here hoping these charts will get back to working right. Im hoping this is all due to getting some other data providers.

Sorry to hear what is going on. I noticed the lack of the updates as well and realized that it would be best to shut down the MCFX software for now. I would suggest that you use quotes from other interbank dealers through a demo account so you can detect anomalies like this without getting burned. Since this definitely WILL happen from time to time it is better to be safe than lose money.

I have had the software since late November and this is the 4th or 5th time something like this has occurred. The software signals are good enough to keep me interested in using the software, but the datafeed issues are indeed annoying. Again, open a demo account with another retail broker and use that as benchmark to ensure things accurate.

terminal7

Re: Help charts not updating

Postby terminal7 » 23 Jan 2007

Terminal7, You are not alone, seems fxcm was adding currency pairs and was late getting going. Problems at fxcm means problems for our charts. Ive had problems all day too. Charts not updating, candles on top of candles, indicaters not updating, all kinds of weird stuff. I will be so thankful when they get a differnt data source. This is like having a top of the line luxury car with a chevette engine in it. These charts are great, the support is very good, they just need a different engine
Here's the thing though - I always double check to see what dailyFX.com is doing since they are also powered by FXCM data. Guess what? dailyFX.com is error free. That suggest to me that the data is NOT the problem IN THIS INSTANCE. It's gotta be the display software, MCFX. If it were FXCM then dailyFX.com would be having problems to...

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions though. I'm currently looking into purchasing a back-up charting system (possibly web-based) that I could use when MCFX goes bonkers. If this keeps happening my back-up system may become my primary and MCFX become history - although I would hate to have to do that.

terminal7

Re: charts not updating

Terminal7, Are you still having problems with your charts. I am wondering if its just me tonite. I dont know how you made out yesterday but I got spanked big time. I realized my indicators were messed up just a little to late and by then it was to late, To be politicaly correct almost heard the big girl sing. I am managing to keep treading water here hoping these charts will get back to working right. Im hoping this is all due to getting some other data providers.
Yes, I am. It's 7:30 am on Tue. the 23rd and still missing data, not updating, etc... The only thing I haven't tried is rebooting my system and restarting MCFX. I will try that shortly...

I'm currently having to use dailyFX.com for analysis but that's like staring through mud. I'm in a good trade, made 75 pips since last night, but I will probably end up capturing a fraction of that if I don't get this problem resolved soon. I'm wondering where the heck the support people are... Not one reply yet from them since I posted this thread.

dof

Postby dof » 23 Jan 2007

Same problem, and i restart the computer.
The volatility is high, bad time for data feed to drop.
I have 3 brokers with live accounts and 2with demo and mcfx.
Anyway, mcfx choosed a bad moment to drop. Even if it's fxcm's fault it's still mcfx's fault, i sad more than 6 months ago that fxcm sucks and mcfx should have more than 1 source.

Happy trading

Kate

Postby Kate » 23 Jan 2007

We are investigating the problem now and as soon as we have an explanation I'll post it here.

What's the status on the charts? They are still not updating 12 hours after the initial error? Since the support desk essentially goes to bed at 2 p.m EST, I am not looking forward to another trading day without functional software. What is the story?

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 23 Jan 2007

Guys, I share your pain. I had all the exact same problems you described. Until MCFX is "stable" and "realiable" I still use MT as a back up. Doesn't have all the indicators I need but at least I can see what price is doing and where it's going.

svpenterprise

Having the same problem

Postby svpenterprise » 23 Jan 2007

I've been having the same problem as you guys since Monday night.And as of 5:37pm Est, the software is still not giving any historical data and I have not gotten a response from support at all.Has anyone heard back or spoken to tech support? This is costing myself and I'm sure others alot of money.

terminal7

What's the status on the charts? They are still not updating 12 hours after the initial error? Since the support desk essentially goes to bed at 2 p.m EST, I am not looking forward to another trading day without functional software. What is the story?
You might consider doing what I did and sign up for a 7 day trial of Fxtrek Intellicharts. They also use FXCM data (unless you get the desktop version which provides 2 data feeds) but I've been using them all day and it seems to be a pretty solid software. The web based version is $40 a month but if you cancel before the 7 days are up they won't bill your C.C. Might get you over the hump...

iwizard.fxtrek.com/Misc/freeTrialselection.asp?partner=iwizard

terminal7

Re: Having the same problem

I've been having the same problem as you guys since Monday night.And as of 5:37pm Est, the software is still not giving any historical data and I have not gotten a response from support at all.Has anyone heard back or spoken to tech support? This is costing myself and I'm sure others alot of money.
They must have run into a pretty big problem this time. I've never seen support be this silent. All we have so far is the one-liner from Kate which was posted roughly 10 hours after the problem began.

I've only been using MCFX for two months now but judging from the crazy behavior of the software and the hush eminating from support, I'd say they got their hands full...

Good time to look for a backup system...

Kate

Postby Kate » 25 Jan 2007

Dear customers,

The above mentioned problems with interruptions in real-time data and gaps relating to MCFX server have already been fixed and MCFX server is working properly now.

The matter is that FXCM added new symbols this weekend and this causes our server to work incorrectly, it wasn't able to connect to all symbols provided by FXCM and kept connecting in an infinite loop.

Our developers will change the server working logic so that even if real-time data is available for only one symbol MCFX will display this data while the server is trying to connect to other symbols. So far our server can connect either to all symbols or keeps trying to connect and it is impossible to work with other available symbols.

As concerns gaps, this Monday we started to receive real-time ticks with invalid timestamps and this led to data corruptions and gaps. Now we have implemented a filter and this problem won't occur anymore.

Next month we are going to add GainCapital.com and this should decrease risks of data interruptions.

We want to apologize for these troubles and hope this will positively affect reliability of our server.

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 25 Jan 2007

It's good to know that the problem was server-side. I had failed to consider that possibility. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

:D

dof

Postby dof » 25 Jan 2007

This is good news.
Keep up the good work.
Waiting for gain capital, not that their are the best, but having 2 is safer :)

Thanks

pmcgrew

Postby pmcgrew » 25 Jan 2007

Will we be able to switch from one data feed to the other from within the platform or will we have to chose when signing up for MCFX?

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Jan 2007

Will we be able to switch from one data feed to the other from within the platform or will we have to chose when signing up for MCFX?
When GainCapital is added our customers will be able to select what data feed to use in the Format Symbol window. In future we will add an option that will allow to switch automatically between the data feeds in case one of them doesn't provide real-time data for several seconds.

pmcgrew

Postby pmcgrew » 26 Jan 2007

Thanks Kate. No one signs onto a support forum to say you are doing a good job but you guys really are. You are responsive to our requests and listen to our input. You ahve a great product and it is improving every week. Keep up the great work!

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Jan 2007

Thank you,Phil.

The majority of our problems are caused by unpredictability of third party APIs. But having these problems in mind, we will improve the program and make it really reliable in the next weeks.

I'd like to thank our other forum users whose comments helped us greatly to resolve the issues.

Return to “MCFX”