Gap in charts

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 23 Jan 2007

I've had the same problem last night (AUEST). Good news is that the beta version I am testing didn't have these problems. Hopefully sign of things to come.

vsatrader

Gaps in data are growing

Postby vsatrader » 24 Jan 2007

This program is getting worse, how am I suppose to make a living with a charting program like this?

Gaps are getting larger, and refresh does not make a diffrence.

See attachment
Attachments
MCFX2 error.gif
(20.87 KiB) Downloaded 1016 times

jhubbard

Re: Gap in charts

Postby jhubbard » 24 Jan 2007

Could all MCFX users check to see if you have this problem please? I leave my chart running all night, and everything is ok, but this morning there is a big gap in the data between 3am and the current bar, I have tried to refresh the chart and restarted MCFX but to no advantage, I even booted my notebook and opened MCFX there, but same problem, I have canceled my eSignal sub so that I can use this program, but if I continue with these issues, then I will keep eSignal and cancel MCFX.

vsatrader

Gaps in charts

Postby vsatrader » 24 Jan 2007

This now seems to be fixed, I can only hope that it is not temporary. Will Kate leave a message as to the symptoms?

So pleased that we now have a return of service.

Kind Regards
Sebastian

aussiefx

Not exactly fixed is it...

Postby aussiefx » 25 Jan 2007

I wouldn't say things are fixed. I am currently looking at 4 charts that show the last 24hrs was only 2 hours long.

Come on MCFX. Lift your game. Unless you can improve reliability you will loose customers. A FX trader without charts might as well be blind!

farmer

Gaps in charts

Postby farmer » 25 Jan 2007

aussiefx, I had the same thing on some of my 45 minute charts. I made new charts and they seem to be fine. I know its a pain to make new charts but it seems to work. I had one pair that wouldnt open I deleted it and made a new workspace to save and so far so good. I know this week has been very fustrating but they are working on it.

aussiefx

Farmer, thanks for the info but I have abut 30 charts, and I really don't want to recreate them all. :x

vsatrader

Subscription expired

Postby vsatrader » 25 Jan 2007

Well it seems that fate has steped in, because my subscription has expired so I will continue with my eSignal, which is probably just as well given the issues.

Regards All
Sebastian

farmer

Gaps in charts

Postby farmer » 25 Jan 2007

aussiefx, I know what you mean, I had 6 out of 26 charts that I did, for me all the euro pairs seem alright, got lucky I guess. This is kind of a weird problem, it just strikes whenever, but this is going to lead to better things, at least Im hoping

aussiefx

Lets hope so Farmer.

Sebastian (vsatrader) sorry to see you go :(

I must admit main reason I am still here is that I use a few indicators written in easy language and I didn't want to pay $295 / month for real TS.

Ser Pip

Same here

Postby Ser Pip » 25 Jan 2007

aussiefx,

That is exactly why I'm here.

Let's hope it gets better, it's hard trade with custom indicators if the charts are messed up.

dof

Postby dof » 25 Jan 2007

That's why many people are here, custom indicators written in easy language.

For the last few weeks things were going good, no errors, no crashing, until yesterday. I might guess that they installed something new. In that case their testing department (if they have one) sucks.

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2007

Everyday this week there has been a gap on my charts. The software was pretty good delivering a hiccup here and there once a month over 3 months. But 4 days of inconsistency is inexcusable.

vsatrader

FXCM on eSignal has gone down

Postby vsatrader » 26 Jan 2007

Well it seems that no one is safe from the ghost in the machine that is FXCM datafeed, as eSignal FXCM feed has gone down, but at least with eSignal I have a choice of about 20 others feeds to choose, so I will stick to Gain capital for my feed as this is more reliable. It makes me wonder if FXCM are deliberately killing the datafeed.

Edit: My MCFX login is working again, very strange things happen

Thanks aussiefx
Attachments
FXCM on eSignal.jpg
(141.63 KiB) Downloaded 1025 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Jan 2007

My MCFX login is working again, very strange things happen
Vsatrader,

The problem with your MCFX login was caused by the problems occurred on our server and fixed yesterday. Please review this topic: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=2962

Return to “MCFX”