"Quality", or lack there of, of FXCM data

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
aussiefx

"Quality", or lack there of, of FXCM data

Postby aussiefx » 23 Jan 2007

I hope you're not paying too much for the data feed from FXCM because it is far and away the least reliable, most crappy price feed I have come across. While I wait patiently for MCFX to become a stable, reliable, accurate charting package I keep a couple of "backup" charts running just to be sure. The two back up systems tend to be pretty similar (a pip or 2 difference) but the MCFX charts have gaps all over the place, price not reaching the same level (10's of pips out) etc.

Considering we are paying for a service one would expect a certain level of quality. Likewise, I am assuming you pay FXCM for their data. If you are, you should really be asking them for a refund! The free data from InterbankFX (MT4) and Oanda (java) makes this paid service look like a joke.

I urge you to look at your data sources and consider the needs of traders, which are simple really - an accurate and reliable charting service.

terminal7

Re: "Quality", or lack there of, of FXCM data

Postby terminal7 » 25 Jan 2007

The two back up systems tend to be pretty similar (a pip or 2 difference) but the MCFX charts have gaps all over the place, price not reaching the same level (10's of pips out) etc.

The free data from InterbankFX (MT4) and Oanda (java) makes this paid service look like a joke.

I urge you to look at your data sources and consider the needs of traders, which are simple really - an accurate and reliable charting service.
Interesting that you mentioned "price not reaching the same level" as I just noticed this recently in the FXCM powered FXtrek Intellicharts I'm using concurently with MCFX (now that MCFX is back in the saddle...). I was wondering if it was just me or if I had stumbled into the twighlight zone or what - I'd pinpoint a low, say in the 5 min. charts, draw a line on the low then change the peroidicity to 15 min. and the "low" line would be breached. That's pretty bad when a charting package disagrees with itself at different time frames. Again, FXCM the culprit, not Intellicharts, which is a pretty decent package for $40 a month. I have to say however that I was soooo relieved to get MCFX back after their recent data quandries. MCFX really does blow everything else I've seen out of the water with regard to features and flexibility. I'm confident that TSSupport will (eventually) turn this software into the best package on the market.

I'd have to concur on the accuracy of OANDA as I find them to be consistently in line with what my alerts through alertFX.com tell me.

As for the last point in the quote... so true! reliablity is paramount. Great features fade when there is inaccurate or non-existent data. Hopefully the addition of a secondary data source next month will solve this issue.

Return to “MCFX”