FXCM data on trial

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
terminal7

FXCM data on trial

Postby terminal7 » 25 Jan 2007

Has anyone noticed inaccuracies in the FXCM data feed?

In comparing highs and lows between my alerts provider (alertfx.com), my broker (OANDA.com), and FXCM I've noticed that FXCM is sometimes off by as much as 4 or 5 pips.

farmer

fxcm data

Postby farmer » 25 Jan 2007

terminal7, I use several different brokers and during faster market conditions they all are off 2-3 pips from each other sometimes more. There is no centralized market so every market maker and bank prices vary. The powers that be are talking about it though. It would help us I think because then everybody would have to have the same prices. fxcm does lag pretty bad though compared to the others I use.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 25 Jan 2007

I use MCFX, MT and Oanda for charts and EFX as my broker and nort one of them has exactly the same price as the others. Sometimes there's as much as 10 pips out.

Like farmer said, no central exchange so everyone can just make their own price. Only way to get the exact same price as your broker is to get the price feed from them.

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 25 Jan 2007

Oh wow, okay. I had no idea this was a common nuance of Forex trading. That's interesting... Well it's nice to know that my data feed isn't whacky. As long as it's just 5 pips or so difference I guess that won't impact my trading much.

Hey thanks for the education guys. Very much appreciated!

Return to “MCFX”