MCFX feed stuck at 1.2960

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
terminal7

MCFX feed stuck at 1.2960

Postby terminal7 » 13 Feb 2007

DailyFX.com is telling me that EUR/USD is at 1.2965 and my brokers quotes are even higher, 1.2968/69. MCFX is still reading 1.2960 and seems to have quite moving... It's 12:30 am on Tuesday.

FRUSTRATING!!!

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2007

This is getting really frustrating. I've only been with MCFX for 5 days and have already had more interuptions in service than I've had in the last month with MT (which is a free platform). Kind of hard to make use of Decision Bar trading when the platform required to use it keeps freezing up!

very frustrating

It is getting very frustrating, my charts keep crashing on me tonight. To the point of finding something else. I hear other people talking of the beta version they are testing, when will this be ready or can we use it also.

gavery777

Good grief

Postby gavery777 » 13 Feb 2007

My goodness, I came to this forum for the first time tonight as I have had multiple problems with the MCFX platform freezing and I just signed up last week. After looking around here it seems these problems have been ongoing for literally months. I love Decision Bar indicators but it won't do me much good if I can't get any data. :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

gavery777

Postby gavery777 » 13 Feb 2007

3 hours and counting with no data. Absolutely unacceptable.

What now?

My platform has been crashing last night and when I can get it to run, the last 15 min bar I have is 23:15 PM EST. Not good, I don't have an alternative for trading charts and nor can afford the alternative.

terminal7

Re: very frustrating

It is getting very frustrating, my charts keep crashing on me tonight. To the point of finding something else. I hear other people talking of the beta version they are testing, when will this be ready or can we use it also.
You can download any versions available, including beta, from here:

tssupport.com/support/downloads/

I just started using the Pro beta version 735.985 and like it very much. The data issues are frustrating but I think it's worth putting up with for a little while till they add the secondary Capital Gain feed which is set to happen sometime this month. I'm not sure what Decision Bar trading is but MCFX has other features that, from what I understand, can't be found anywhere else in the FX marketplace. The support staff is great and these people are definitely pioneers in FX - in short, it's worth biting the bullet and sticking these issues out...

terminal7

Re: What now?

My platform has been crashing last night and when I can get it to run, the last 15 min bar I have is 23:15 PM EST. Not good, I don't have an alternative for trading charts and nor can afford the alternative.
If you're running the official Basic release try the Basic beta instead. It ran pretty solid for me, no problems with crashing. As for the absence of data I imagine we'll hear something from support in the morning. Hope so anyway...

terminal7

Data is back and looks good - 8:30 am

Ser Pip

~

Postby Ser Pip » 13 Feb 2007

I'm hoping I didn't miss any signals, won't be able to check until I get home.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 13 Feb 2007

Guys, I share all your frustrations. :evil: All we can do is keep at them in the hope to get these problems sorted.

terminal7

Guys, I share all your frustrations. :evil: All we can do is keep at them in the hope to get these problems sorted.
Agreed. But I think we should also note that they resolved the problem much quicker this time than in the past. Kinda surprised me actually... :shock:

PJ Trader

Postby PJ Trader » 22 Feb 2007

I'm not sure what Decision Bar trading is but MCFX has other features that, from what I understand, can't be found anywhere else in the FX marketplace. The support staff is great and these people are definitely pioneers in FX - in short, it's worth biting the bullet and sticking these issues out...
Does anybody have a list of some of the features provided by MCFX not found anywhere else? I'm very curious to know what they are.

Thanks

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 22 Feb 2007

Does anybody have a list of some of the features provided by MCFX not found anywhere else? I'm very curious to know what they are.

Thanks
Well, for one thing they have price compression charts (not the same as tick charts). Others may not pay much attention to them but they are indespensible to me. I never heard of them before I started using MCFX and from everything I hear, they are very rare and seldom used.

For an explanation of why PC charts are so valuable please see the thread "Question about data compression methods" on page 1.

Rgds,
T7

PJ Trader

unique features

Postby PJ Trader » 23 Feb 2007

T7 thanks for the feedback... I read your post on the PC. Very interesting. In your previous post on this topic you said 'features' in plural and mentioned that MCFX is a pioneer in FX. As I'm new to MCFX and currently comparing them to other products, I would be very interested to know more about what other features you might be referring to or the other innovations they have with their product you consider useful...

Thanks again for your time

Rgds

PJT

terminal7

Re: unique features

Postby terminal7 » 25 Feb 2007

T7 thanks for the feedback... I read your post on the PC. Very interesting. In your previous post on this topic you said 'features' in plural and mentioned that MCFX is a pioneer in FX. As I'm new to MCFX and currently comparing them to other products, I would be very interested to know more about what other features you might be referring to or the other innovations they have with their product you consider useful...

Thanks again for your time

Rgds

PJT
No problem. Glad you enjoyed the thread on price compression (or, "count compression" I guess is the proper name for it - it includes the "tick", "price", and "change" display options...). I've been looking at a lot of "change" charts recently and this seems also to be an excellent way of displaying price data. CHANGE, I believe, counts the number of price changes whereas PRICE counts the price span of a candle. Both methods seem to reveal the counting patterns operative in price movement with greater clarity. So these are two features that, in my opinion, make MCFX worth it's weight in gold.

I've only been using MCFX for a few months though so I'm sure there are others out there who would be more qualified to respond to your question about features they consider unique and beneficial. But I've had two friends (one from this forum) confirm that indeed, count compression (excepting TICK) is rare and seldom found in charting systems.

My Regards,

PJ Trader

Postby PJ Trader » 26 Feb 2007

Thanks again T7...

Its obvious from reading the posts MCFX has some price feed issues to sort out before its a viable solution for live trading, but if anyone else who has been using the charts has anything to add about what they like about the charts your feedback would be most appreciated.

Rgds,

PJT

Return to “MCFX”