Announcement: MCFX data issues

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
Kate

Announcement: MCFX data issues

Postby Kate » 13 Feb 2007

Dear customers,

We apologize for the troubles you have experienced the last week and the beginning of this week. FXCM representatives confirmed that they had a number of problems the last week and even released a new API on Friday that should have fixed these problems.

Today we launched GainCapital data feed to avoid FXCM data problems and to decrease the risks of gaps. If you want to switch to GainCapital data you need to go to File->Preferences->Logon options and select 9000 port instead of 8000 which is used for FXCM data feed. Then you will need to close MCFX, wait till all the processes terminate correctly and restart MCFX. If some processes remain, MCFX will still download the cached data from FXCM data feed. If you want to return to FXCM data please use 8000 port.

gavery777

Postby gavery777 » 13 Feb 2007

Kate, I honestly don't know what to make of this company right now. I just tried to change over to the other data feed using your instructions above. When I re-opened my MCFX charts, price appears to be stuck YET AGAIN with the Gain Capital feed. So, I try to call customer support, which according to your website should still be there for another 15 minutes, no answer. So, I try to use the online help, which according to your site should be available. Guess what, they're not.

I'm going out of my head here. Is there ANYONE at your company than can offer some level of customer service/support???

dof

Postby dof » 13 Feb 2007

I can see that the data is stucked using gain capital. Anyway, this a good news and I know it can't be done overnight.
Anyway I hope you will fix the issues soon. I also hope that the option to chose the feed for a chart is in development and we will soon have it.

Have a great day.

aussiefx

Disappointed...

Postby aussiefx » 13 Feb 2007

Even though I have had no internet for the last week, I am disappointed to hear that these problems are persisting.

MCFX - you really need to resolve this permanently. Your customers (me included) can not keep relying on an inherently unreliable system. Trading requires accurate, timely data. Without this we might well toss a coin to decide if we enter a trade or not. :evil:

I have just renewed for another month. I want these issues sorted by the time my next renewal arrives. If they are not I will have no choice but to move back to your competitor.

Please, place sufficient (and appropriate) resources to fix these issues ASAP.

Return to “MCFX”