MCFX charts not updating....arghh!

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.

MCFX charts not updating....arghh!

Postby Guest » 15 Feb 2007

During the European Session as the GBP Retail Sales Figure was released outside of the markets expectation, the data feed froze with a pre-news price and never recovered. During NFP and other volatile events, the MCFX software has worked like a champ and managed to track the FXCM dealing rates. Over the past 6 weeks, each week there has been some challenge where the consistency just hasn't been there. Thankfully, I have an eSignal data feed that is reliable but the MCFX software has to "step up" its game and become more robust. As of now, I am actually suprised when it doesn't have a data feed freakout. Oddly enough, I go to the FREE FXCM power charts which I established as fiendishly unreliable since it is a third-party software. What gives with the spotty robustness since the top of the 2007????

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 15 Feb 2007

I checked the feed once last night and this morning against DailyFX.com and OANDA.com and didn't notice any interuptions. Maybe it's because I'm only watching EUR/USD or because I'm running a different version (735.985 beta). EUR/USD didn't move much last night but my MCFX charts didn't fail to update with an accurate price...

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 15 Feb 2007

I checked the feed once last night and this morning against DailyFX.com and OANDA.com and didn't notice any interuptions. Maybe it's because I'm only watching EUR/USD or because I'm running a different version (735.985 beta). EUR/USD didn't move much last night but my MCFX charts didn't fail to update with an accurate price...
I had no GBP/USD data between 0930 and 1045 GMT. GBP/USD moved 100 pips during that period.

terminal7

Are you guys running the official releases of MCFX or the beta's? If the former try uninstalling it and installing the beta. They seem to always be a little more reliable with the data feed. Just a thought...

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 15 Feb 2007

Are you guys running the official releases of MCFX or the beta's? If the former try uninstalling it and installing the beta. They seem to always be a little more reliable with the data feed. Just a thought...
I'm running the Beta.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 15 Feb 2007

Glad I have no internet at home at the moment :)

I was hoping problems like that were things of the past. Did anyone try the Gain feed? The FXCM feed has been notoriously unreliable so I'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to compare the two yet?

terminal7

Did anyone try the Gain feed? The FXCM feed has been notoriously unreliable so I'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to compare the two yet?
I didn't know the Capital Gain feed was available yet... Is it? :o

dof

Postby dof » 15 Feb 2007

Did anyone try the Gain feed? The FXCM feed has been notoriously unreliable so I'm wondering if anyone has had the chance to compare the two yet?
I didn't know the Capital Gain feed was available yet... Is it? :o
I am using Gain and seams to better. Some gaps on fxcm where not present in gain.
You have to change the port :
file/preferences/logon options. Change the port from 8000 to 9000. Close mcfx, be sure that all the processes have ended, restart mcfx.
So port 8000 is for fxcm and 9000 for gain capital.

terminal7

I am using Gain and seams to better. Some gaps on fxcm where not present in gain.
You have to change the port :
file/preferences/logon options. Change the port from 8000 to 9000. Close mcfx, be sure that all the processes have ended, restart mcfx.
So port 8000 is for fxcm and 9000 for gain capital.
Good grief! I never heard this from support! :x Did they post this info anywhere on the forum? Thanks for the heads up dof. :D

Kate

Postby Kate » 16 Feb 2007

Terminal7,

I posted this info here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3132 .

In the next versions our servers will switch automatically from one data feed to the other if data is not updated during 2 minutes.

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 16 Feb 2007

Terminal7,

I posted this info here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3132 .

In the next versions our servers will switch automatically from one data feed to the other if data is not updated during 2 minutes.
That's strange, the thread that your link above refers to "Announcement: Data Issues" is no where to be found on the first page of "Forum Index >> MCFX". Where in the forum is it buried?

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 16 Feb 2007

That's strange, the thread that your link above refers to "Announcement: Data Issues" is no where to be found on the first page of "Forum Index >> MCFX". Where in the forum is it buried?
Just found it Kate - my bad. It was about 10 threads down on the first page. Maybe next time you could use caps to make it stand out more or something... Thanks anyway.

Return to “MCFX”