Just a question this time re the price line

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
aussiefx

Just a question this time re the price line

Postby aussiefx » 23 Feb 2007

On my charts the price scale is 4 decimal places e.g. 1.9650 but the little "bar" that indicates current price has 7 decimal places e.g. 1.9650000. I've looked everywhere but can't see a place I can change that.

It's more just annoying than anything else. Is there any way to change it so it only shows 4 decimal places?

dof

Postby dof » 23 Feb 2007

I subscribe to this. It's anoying

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 Feb 2007

Could you tell me why you need these 7 decimal places? Actually, we receive data with only 4 decimal places and in MCFX it is impossible to change this setting.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 28 Feb 2007

Could you tell me why you need these 7 decimal places? Actually, we receive data with only 4 decimal places and in MCFX it is impossible to change this setting.
We don't need seven, we only need four.

MCFX gives all the tabs on the Y axis to seven decimal places. This makes sense for some indicators, but it doesn't make sense in the main price window, where the last three digits are always three zeros.

It's a small point.

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 28 Feb 2007

That's the point - I don't need 7. I'd prefer 4.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 01 Mar 2007

That's the point - I don't need 7. I'd prefer 4.
In fact, playing around with the "Format Window" tab, you can set the "Y-Price scale" to "manual" and define the number of characters in the price tab - five digits plus one decimal point equals six characters. This limits the tabs in all the windows, not just the price window, but the option is there.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 01 Mar 2007

MCFX gives all the tabs on the Y axis to seven decimal places.
In fact that's an oversimplification.

If set to "auto", the "Format Window" - "Y-axis" tab will apply the same number of decimal places to all tabs in all subwindows of a chart, so a simple one-window chart of price with moving averages, Bollinger bands, etc. will give the price to four decimal places. If studies in subcharts require more decimal places, all the Y-axis tabs in all windows and subwindows are set to the maximum number of decimal places, including those in the price window.

It seems to be just a quirk of the way the "auto" option works.

Return to “MCFX”