"Firewall doesn't allow software to connect"

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 26 Feb 2007

When trying to open MCFX I receive the error message:

I have no software firewall installed! This was working fine yesterday, and nothing has changed at my end since then.

Help!

Ser Pip

Same here!!!

Postby Ser Pip » 26 Feb 2007

I have the same problem. I was watching my charts last night when all of the sudden they shut down and I was told I couldn't connect to the server anymore.

I keep getting the login box telling me about a firewall. I don't have mine enabled and still get the message. They have worked fine under the same settings for weeks.

I emailed support last night and received no response.

Help! I can't trade without charts!!!

aussiefx

Postby aussiefx » 26 Feb 2007

Join the club. I had the exact same problem and the only fix was to hack the registry to change it back to port 8000 (FXCM data). Because you couldn't actually start the app, you couldn't change the port settings as they only take hold once you start the app, change the port and then re-start the app. TS Support you may want to make a note of this glaring flaw in this port setting logic.

However, to add insult to injury, not long after getting the charts up, the price froze, at least on GBPUSD.

NOT GOOD :evil:

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 26 Feb 2007

Join the club. I had the exact same problem and the only fix was to hack the registry to change it back to port 8000 (FXCM data). Because you couldn't actually start the app, you couldn't change the port settings as they only take hold once you start the app, change the port and then re-start the app. TS Support you may want to make a note of this glaring flaw in this port setting logic.
After backing up my saved workspaces, I ran a reinstall/repair, which reset the port to 8000 and allowed me to restart MCFX. I haven't dared try port 9000 since.

dof

Postby dof » 26 Feb 2007

After backing up my saved workspaces, I ran a reinstall/repair, which reset the port to 8000 and allowed me to restart MCFX. I haven't dared try port 9000 since.
I called mcfx this morning. FXCM stopped the data feed so they switched gain to port 8000. So if you had port 9000 as the using port...
The thing is that you cannot change the port from the login window, but you have the option. You have to change the port from registry or to reinstall the application.

Ser Pip

reg hack

Postby Ser Pip » 26 Feb 2007

I did go online chat with a support person and this issue has been resolved for me, I received the same info that dof did. I did the registry hack and everything is working again.

I was a little disappointed that my email didn't get answered, or posts on this board didn't get answered or a solution (any information) was posted on this known issue.

I can only give them the benefit of the doubt that they don't want people hacking their registry or that they feel the issue will be resolved shortly. That doesn't help people who (like I was) stuck without charts on a Monday morning.

I little info would have been helpful but I'm glad I'm back up.

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 Feb 2007

Dear users,

This week GainCapital will work at 8000 port and FXCM at 9000.

Return to “MCFX”