Problems with data

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
sparkz

Problems with data

Postby sparkz » 16 Mar 2007

I thought I'd try out MCFX for the first time today.

However, my first problem was after installation it wouldn't get any data. So I spoke to support and eventually after convincing them it isn't me being an wally they checked out the servers and discovered there was a problem at their end.

So I changed my port to 9000. Ok, this worked for a few hours then recently this stopped working too.

Back to 8000. This is sort of working but it's very slow and some recent bars are missing!

I tried 7000 and that seems even worse. Back to 8000 now that's not working at all.

This really seems like a bad omen. I don't think I could trust any system which seems to have so many issues with the data. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Can any other users tell me if this is a regular occurance? I see there was one a couple of weeks ago!

Thanks

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 16 Mar 2007

Well, I think I answered it myself. Problems go back to the beginning of this forum - March last year! :shock:

cwpfx

Postby cwpfx » 18 Mar 2007

:( I have been trying MCFX for 4 weeks now. Sorry to say the most notable feature of MCFX is the UNRELIABLE data feed. Many times a week I have noticed data gaps, stretching from 20 minutes to 10 hours. Usually these gaps are in individual pairs. But, Friday's complete outage caught me in trades and I had to scramble to call up alternative charts sources.
Now, it's Sunday, the market has been open for hours and the data feed is again unavailable. Without data, all the other nice features of MCFX are worthless.
While waiting for the server to be fixed, I have been reviewing earlier posts on this Discussion Forum. Apparently data feed failures have have been an ongoing problem for months.

traderdesk

Postby traderdesk » 19 Mar 2007

:( I have been trying MCFX for 4 weeks now. Sorry to say the most notable feature of MCFX is the UNRELIABLE data feed. Many times a week I have noticed data gaps, stretching from 20 minutes to 10 hours. Usually these gaps are in individual pairs. But, Friday's complete outage caught me in trades and I had to scramble to call up alternative charts sources.
Now, it's Sunday, the market has been open for hours and the data feed is again unavailable. Without data, all the other nice features of MCFX are worthless.
While waiting for the server to be fixed, I have been reviewing earlier posts on this Discussion Forum. Apparently data feed failures have have been an ongoing problem for months.
"TSSupport" Can you please find a way to update customers when you are having problems with the charts being active, datafeed or other problems, via e-mail for example. We are using your charts as an alternative for our trading but when your hardware problem occurred there was no way for us to know what was going on unless we went to the forum. Also try to give an update and/or resolution time estimate since without charts we have to scramble to use other charting software and this is costing us money... Much more then the monthly subscription price.

We have FXTrek as one of our backup solutions but we much prefer an easy language driven charting software and you fit the bill without us using TS software just for FOREX charting needs....

Anyways it is 2:45am EDT and we are still getting a logon error of "Firewall doesn't allow software to connect". Please let us know when will the datafeed be restored. Thanks...

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Mar 2007

"TSSupport" Can you please find a way to update customers when you are having problems with the charts being active, datafeed or other problems, via e-mail for example. We are using your charts as an alternative for our trading but when your hardware problem occurred there was no way for us to know what was going on unless we went to the forum. Also try to give an update and/or resolution time estimate since without charts we have to scramble to use other charting software and this is costing us money... Much more then the monthly subscription price.
Traderdesk,

We agree with you regarding e-mail notifications and next time-hope it will never come-we will inform our customers about any data server problems.

Today our servers are up and running.

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 19 Mar 2007

Would it not be possible to just have a live web page that shows the status of the various servers? MCFX could even pick up some appropriate text from here to display in the program when it can't connect?
We agree with you regarding e-mail notifications and next time-hope it will never come-we will inform our customers about any data server problems.

Today our servers are up and running.

Kate

Postby Kate » 21 Mar 2007

Would it not be possible to just have a live web page that shows the status of the various servers?
We are working on such web page.
MCFX could even pick up some appropriate text from here to display in the program when it can't connect?
Unfortunately, we cannot implement this since it is difficult to determine when MCFX cannot connect to one of the servers or when it is blocked by the firewall.

farmer

data problems

Postby farmer » 18 Apr 2007

Just wondering if anybody else is having data problems tonite or if it is just me, no dta from fxcm and the data from gain stops at 22: 26

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 18 Apr 2007

I tried 8000 and couldn't get anything to load. Then 7000 and my 15 Point chart looked like a minute chart - bad data display. Then 9000 and the charts loaded (very slugishly though) and looked good but the RT feed got stuck at 1.3585 for EUR/USD. I finally decided to close MCFX down and not worry about it till the morning...

Kate, Stanley and Co., when are you gonna answer my SOLUTION TO BROKEN CANDLES thread???!!! That discussion, I promise you, will not be over until I hear something.

Re: data problems

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2007

Just wondering if anybody else is having data problems tonite or if it is just me, no dta from fxcm and the data from gain stops at 22:26
0530GMT and all my charts are blank or static - all three ports.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 19 Apr 2007

0530GMT and all my charts are blank or static - all three ports.
... and at 0745GMT MCFX will not allow me to log on at all.

farmer

problems with data

Postby farmer » 19 Apr 2007

well i get the message that says network connection error also, man this always seems to happen when there is a lot going on in the markets, the last couple of weeks has been so good with out any problems and then the gremlin shows up again, i hope support can get it up and going quick

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 19 Apr 2007

... and at 0745GMT MCFX will not allow me to log on at all.

... and at 1045GMT

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 19 Apr 2007

Well, I'm running KPF firewall and I can log on to MCFX with no trouble but I just tried port 8000 this morning and get a "no data" message in the Resolution area of the status line - big improvement over last night... NOT!

On port 9000 I'm getting the 'firewall doesn't allow connection' msg....

...same thing on port 7000.

It's been a whole night and we haven't heard anything from support! Are you guys under a gag order or something - talk to us!

Postby Guest » 10 May 2007

Dear tssupport, seems to be some data problems again this morning

Kate

Postby Kate » 10 May 2007

This problem was resolved and now both FXCM and GainCapital should work.

Return to “MCFX”