Technical problems with our servers

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
Kate

Technical problems with our servers

Postby Kate » 19 Apr 2007

Dear customers,

Currently we are facing some technical problem with our severs. Our developers are fixing the problems and in two hours you will be able to receive data. But we have to limit history request to several days in order to reload and restore data on the servers as fast as possible, during the weekend all the data will be restored and history data will be provided in full.

farmer

Postby farmer » 19 Apr 2007

Thank you for the update, app it very much

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 19 Apr 2007

Yes, thanks. But why don't you include your message in the thread that actually alerted us to the issue (I believe it was called 'data problems') so I don't feel like such a donkey when I complain of your silence... are we playing musical threads here or something?

Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm still waiting for a reply to my SOLUTION thread!

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Apr 2007

Dear customers,

Our developers have just finished reloading and restoring data and now MCFX will display data without the above-mentioned limitation as they have managed to restore data in full measure.

terminal7

That's funny Kate, port 8000 isn't even displaying the chart panes for me. The login worked and the MCFX shell is coming up but no chart windows...

terminal7

I'm getting "firewall does not allow software to connect" on all 3 ports - even after I shut my firewall down.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 19 Apr 2007

I'm getting "firewall does not allow software to connect" on all 3 ports - even after I shut my firewall down.
Port 8000 was working fine for me until I tried to restart on port 9000, then I received the firewall message. Like you, my firewall is disabled.

What worked for me was to run a reinstall/repair of MCFX, which resets the port to 8000. At time of writing, I'm receiving data on port 8000.

Changing the port in the login dialogue seems to have no effect.

terminal7

What worked for me was to run a reinstall/repair of MCFX, which resets the port to 8000. At time of writing, I'm receiving data on port 8000.

That's interesting. Right now I'm not even getting any chart windows to display with any port setting. So maybe I'll try that re-install...

terminal7

Well, I tried a re-install and even rebooted my system in-between. Didn't do me any good. Still no chart panes inside of MCFX. Also the program remembered that the last port I used before removing the old copy was 7000 - not sure why it should or how it could retain that info over a re-install...

Maybe TSSupport is messing with my charts to get me back for all the harassment I've been giving them about session-break handling <lol - just kidding>. Not trying to harass, just trying to get an honest response to an important issue. So far it's been like talking to the dead...
You know, I've been noticing that the status line reads "FXCM" regardless of which port is used during logon. With what you just stated above in mind, is it possible we are getting the SAME data feed on all three ports? If that isn't the case (and I'm positive it isn't) then the status line is malfunctioning or the data providers are not identifying themselves and the program is defaulting to the "FXCM" display.

terminal7

Any chance this problem might be resolved sometime in the NEAR future?

Kate

Postby Kate » 20 Apr 2007

You know, I've been noticing that the status line reads "FXCM" regardless of which port is used during logon. With what you just stated above in mind, is it possible we are getting the SAME data feed on all three ports? If that isn't the case (and I'm positive it isn't) then the status line is malfunctioning or the data providers are not identifying themselves and the program is defaulting to the "FXCM" display.
Terminal7,

You are right, till GainCapital and the additional datafeed are in the demo mode the status line is defaulting to "FXCM". When incorporation of these datafeeds is officially announced, their names will be displayed in the status line.

Have you managed to receive data in MCFX? Yesterday when our developers told us that all the data had been reloaded after restart MCFX was working fine for me and the majority of our customers (they dropped us some emails after restart). So if you still cannot receive data please contact us via our Live Support.

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 20 Apr 2007

Have you managed to receive data in MCFX?... if you still cannot receive data please contact us via our Live Support.
Kate, I just tried all 3 ports and the MCFX workspace IS loading but the chart panes do not appear at all. So all I have are blank workspaces with no charting windows. Very strange. This has never happened before.

I'll contact live support soon. Right now I've still got an hour of sleep left... thanks for replying.

terminal7

Postby terminal7 » 20 Apr 2007

Contacted live support. Helpdesk is really cool. Issue resolved. Aparently the auto load feature got turned off somehow and I just didn't think to try to load a chart manually - duh! Oh well. All charts are up and data looks good.

Return to “MCFX”