24/05/2007 0505GMT - No Connection

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
yosnappyj

24/05/2007 0505GMT - No Connection

Postby yosnappyj » 24 May 2007

0522GMT No Connection

0535GMT No Connection

Kate

Postby Kate » 24 May 2007

Thank you for your attention. Both ports are up and running.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 25 May 2007

Thank you for your attention. Both ports are up and running.
Thanks for your reply Kate.

Could you clarify: are you saying that at your time of writing both ports were working correctly, or that you believe the ports were operating correctly at the times I noted?

Kate

Postby Kate » 25 May 2007

James,

I've never said something without checking this information before. Now we have the Server Monitor that monitors the ports, alerts if something goes wrong with them and even restarts the server if it doesn't respond for some time. So when you noticed that there was no connection, this Server Monitor recovered the server in a few minutes and when later I wrote that both ports were running they were working fine.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 25 May 2007

I've never said something without checking this information before. Now we have the Server Monitor that monitors the ports, alerts if something goes wrong with them and even restarts the server if it doesn't respond for some time. So when you noticed that there was no connection, this Server Monitor recovered the server in a few minutes and when later I wrote that both ports were running they were working fine.
Thanks for you reply Kate.

How many server outages in a 24-hour period do you consider compatible with the description (top left of this forum page) of your data feed as 'reliable'?

Could you publish a public link to your server logs?

I'm sure you realise the dilemma that your clients are faced with each time a connection failure occurs. Experience teaches that it may last a few minutes or several hours. Switching ports may help, or it may not, but it takes time, and meanwhile the market is moving. Switching ports requires the program to be restarted, and often access is denied with the nonsensical error "firewall does not allow software to connect".

The event that led me to post the first message in this thread was a series of three server shutdowns and restarts in a half hour period at the start of the trading day. Is this compatible with the description of your data feed as 'reliable'?

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 May 2007

James,

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a public link to our Server Monitor because it is our internal information. But I assure you that our developers are working hard to prove this product description.

Postby Guest » 31 May 2007

Dear ts support, Been using your software for about a month now with port 8000, one thing you need to check and fix is with all the major news announcements the connection gets taken out for a few minutes after the news. I know port 8000 is fxcm, wouldn't put it past them to do it on purpose and I havent tried the other ports at major news time so dont know if happens on them too but if it does it needs fixed, news time is critical for people doing this for a living. Thank-you

Return to “MCFX”