25/05/07 - Marginal Connection

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
yosnappyj

25/05/07 - Marginal Connection

Postby yosnappyj » 25 May 2007

From about 2145GMT last night through this morning, up to the present moment (1000GMT) I'm seeing strange connection behaviour (on port 8000). The connection status will read "Connection OK" for a period of seconds or minutes, then "No Connection", then "Reconnecting...", then " Connection OK". This occurs on both my cable and ADSL connections.

Kate

Postby Kate » 25 May 2007

James,

According to our information, at the time you pointed the server was working fine and no restarts have been traced.

yosnappyj

According to our information, at the time you pointed the server was working fine and no restarts have been traced.
Thanks for your reply Kate.

The fact that I'm seeing this behaviour on two independent connections makes me think that my connections (which are reliable for all other software, my trading package, and bandwidth tests) are not the source of the problem.

I appear to be receiving data correctly, and the server doesn't appear to be shutting down and restarting, but the connection status is as described:

Connection OK - No Connection - Reconnecting - Connection OK

in a repeating loop.

I wonder if other users are noticing the same behaviour.

yosnappyj

At time of writing, connection status is now "OK" and stable.

Postby Guest » 25 May 2007

yes yosnappy, same thing here on two separate internet connections, intermittent reconnecting, trying to reconnect message. Constantly checking to make sure the data is up to date.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 31 May 2007

yes yosnappy, same thing here on two separate internet connections, intermittent reconnecting, trying to reconnect message. Constantly checking to make sure the data is up to date.
Thanks for the corroboration.

Following what I assume was another server outage and restart circa 1230GMT today, I'm seeing the same behaviour again, and I noticed the same effect yesterday and the day before after what I assume were server restarts.

Closing and restarting MCFX seems to cure the problem. As far as I can tell, data is being received correctly.

Return to “MCFX”