MCFXCharting_Dump

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
yosnappyj

MCFXCharting_Dump

Postby yosnappyj » 25 Jun 2007

The folder

MCFXCharting_Dump

at

Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MCFX

has acquired over 11,000 .dmp files with a total size of over 5 GB since I started MCFX yesterday afternoon. Can these files be safely deleted while the program is running without affecting its operation?

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Jun 2007

Please contact us via our Live Support before deleting them as we'd like analyze why MCFX generates so many dumps and then we will help you delete them.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 26 Jun 2007

Please contact us via our Live Support before deleting them as we'd like analyze why MCFX generates so many dumps and then we will help you delete them.
Thanks for the reply Kate.

I no longer have the dump files: I had to close MCFX, and when I restarted it, the error folder was deleted automatically.

I did save a text file log of the errors called MCFXCharting_Error.txt, which is about 10 MB in size. I can mail that to you if it would help.

Here's a sample entry:

-------------------------------------------------------------
<<ERROR>>
Description: Error in CPriceScale::CreateLastPriceLabelArray()
Dump File: C:\Documents and Settings\LAPTOP.000\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MCFX\1.0.805.951\Logs\mcfx\MCFXCharting_Dump\dump_0.dmp
File: ..\CPriceScale.cpp
Function: CPriceScale::CreateLastPriceLabelArray
Line: 0x000001C5 ( 453 )
Module: C:\Program Files\TS Support\MCFX\mcfx.exe
Thread ID: 0x00000C58 ( 3160 )
Time: 24.06.2007 - 17:37:08.406
<<ERROR>>
File: ..\BaseDrawClasses.cpp
Function: DrawableSeries::SetNullsCount
Line: 0x00000530 ( 1328 )
<<ERROR>>
Description: negative nullsCount: -1
File: ..\BaseDrawClasses.cpp
Function: DrawableSeries::SetNullsCount
Line: 0x0000052D ( 1325 )
-------------------------------------------------------------

All the entries appear superficially identical.

I haven't noticed this behaviour before.

If this happens again, am I safe to simply delete the files without restarting MCFX if the problem occurs at an inconvenient moment?

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Jun 2007

It won't solve the problem if you remove dump files, till the problem is fixed they will be generated again. So please contact us and we will help you fix this problem and remove the existing dumps.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 26 Jun 2007

It won't solve the problem if you remove dump files, till the problem is fixed they will be generated again.
Understood, but it would at least liberate several GB of drive space in the short term, allowing me to continue working. MCFX appeared to be working fine - the first inkling I had of the problem was Windows warning me that my hard drive was running low on space.
So please contact us and we will help you fix this problem and remove the existing dumps.
I will if I'm able to. Thanks.

Return to “MCFX”