problems with data

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.

problems with data

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2007

Any one else having data problems or connection problems tonite, just wondering.

yosnappyj

Re: problems with data

Postby yosnappyj » 02 Jul 2007

Any one else having data problems or connection problems tonite, just wondering.
Complete absence of data here since market open, through 0620 GMT.

yosnappyj

Complete absence of data here since market open, through 0620 GMT.
... through 0945 GMT

yosnappyj

... through 0945 GMT
... and at 1020 GMT I now have data.

problems with data

Postby Guest » 22 Jul 2007

Anyone else having screwed up data problems tonite. yosnappy how about you and did you ever get your other questions resolved? These would be awesome charts if they could get this data thing figured out.

?

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 23 Jul 2007

Anyone else having screwed up data problems tonite?
Yep. The graphs seemed to be trying to function after a fashion last night at market open, but after an hour or so of patchy and inconsistent service interspersed with total lack of connection, I gave up and went to bed. This morning, the situation is unchanged.
yosnappy how about you and did you ever get your other questions resolved?
Not yet, but Andrei is obviously very busy with the Multicharts clients. I live in hope.
These would be awesome charts if they could get this data thing figured out.
Big if.

TSSupport: your continued use of the word "reliable" in your product description is, frankly, dishonest. Are you able to offer your customers any material guarantee whatsoever about the future reliability of your product?
Last edited by yosnappyj on 23 Jul 2007, edited 1 time in total.

problems with data

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2007

yosnappy, sorry you haven't got your questions answered yet, I used fx-trek before and I know they are not a very big company but I never had connection problems or data problems like I do with this company. I can think of one maybe two times in two years there was an issue, resolved quickly I might add. I have two separate internet connections and using the same computers and same everything and it is hard to get through a day without spending part of it in that connected trying to reconnect loop and constantly checking too see if the market price is what is actually showing on the chart. Price wise both charting packages are about the same for me its getting hard to hold out much longer. These charts could be so much more if they actually meant that RELIABLE part in their advertising. Tssupport not trying to make you mad but reading through the posts this has been a problem from the start and you have had a few loyal customers who have hung on , a simple post just telling us something or a little clue of what is happening would be nice and would probably sooth a few nerves or maybe open a demo account with somebody and try trading with the product you offer the way a person does when they trade for a living and see if that data problem dont rattle and frustrate your nerves when the exact same thing keeps happening week after week. You say they are reliable then make them reliable and get somebody in there on Sunday afternoon to make sure they start! Yea I do know something about a service oriented business I built one and yes it was successful and yea I know things dont always go according to plan but when I said something that is what I did and if it didnt work out quite right I contacted the customers to let them know what was happening and it didnt matter if it was the middle of the night or the weekend or Sunday afternoon I worked till it was right. Once again not trying to make you mad but when the charts didnt start when the markets opened it got on one of the few remaining nerves I have left when it comes to the charts you offer. I trade for a living now so I am only as good as the tools I use, as I said these charts could be some of the best available if you actually make them reliable. Thank you, digger

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 23 Jul 2007

Anyone else having screwed up data problems tonite?
Yep. The graphs seemed to be trying to function after a fashion last night at market open, but after an hour or so of patchy and inconsistent service interspersed with total lack of connection, I gave up and went to bed. This morning, the situation is unchanged.

We’ve received ticks with future time from FXCM today. This is why we had problems.
yosnappy how about you and did you ever get your other questions resolved?
Not yet, but Andrei is obviously very busy with the Multicharts clients. I live in hope.

I’m working on your issue. I will respond in a couple of days.
These would be awesome charts if they could get this data thing figured out.
Big if.

TSSupport: your continued use of the word "reliable" in your product description is, frankly, dishonest. Are you able to offer your customers any material guarantee whatsoever about the future reliability of your product?
It is not possible to provide any financial guarantee, because software is a complex system and not perfect. You use it at your own risk.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 23 Jul 2007

We’ve received ticks with future time from FXCM today. This is why we had problems.
What safeguards are in place to guarantee the quality of the data you receive and pass on to your customers? What will happen next time you receive bad data on a Sunday night? Will your customers lose another half-day's trading as a result?
I’m working on your issue. I will respond in a couple of days.
Thanks.
It is not possible to provide any financial guarantee, because software is a complex system and not perfect. You use it at your own risk.
Then are you able at least to quantify what you mean when you describe your product as "reliable"?

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 24 Jul 2007

Then are you able at least to quantify what you mean when you describe your product as "reliable"?
For example, port 8000 had data outages today at around 1000GMT, 1024GMT, and at the time of writing is dead once again.

Honestly, how can you continue to describe your product as "reliable" in these circumstances? You wouldn't hire a car with this level of reliability. You would fire an employee with this level of reliability. How can you hope to keep your customers?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 24 Jul 2007

yosnappyj,
I'm not going to argue about quality of data server. If you think it is not right you always have a choice.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 24 Jul 2007

What safeguards are in place to guarantee the quality of the data you receive and pass on to your customers? What will happen next time you receive bad data on a Sunday night? Will your customers lose another half-day's trading as a result?
We keep adding new filters to prevent such problems, but FXCM data feed is not static and you never know what can happen in the future.
So it is hard predict something.

yosnappyj

Postby yosnappyj » 24 Jul 2007

I'm not going to argue about quality of data server.
There's no need. We both know - we all know - that the reliability of your data feed is completely unacceptable in a commercial product.
If you think it is not right you always have a choice.
You leave me with none. Having persevered here for five months, I no longer have any confidence in either your competence or your integrity. I've e-mailed my cancellation.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 25 Jul 2007

Your statements are not pleasant for me, because we do our best. Hopefully you will find a perfect product that has all features MCFX does and hasn't any defects.

irishkev

Postby irishkev » 01 Aug 2007

I am a brand new MCFX user and my data feed has just stopped working. Is anyone else having data feed problems right now?

Going back to java charts for the moment. * sigh * :cry:

digger

problems with data

Postby digger » 01 Aug 2007

irishkev, Yea having some problems too, getting different prices on different time charts, almost thought we were going to get thru a week without the gremlins but guess not.

irishkev

Postby irishkev » 02 Aug 2007

Hi Digger,

My charts seem to be updating now, but the current candle is drawing about a third of the way in from the right side of the charts. Is that normal???

Screen shot included.

Thanks,
Kevin
Attachments
weirdchart.gif
(24.94 KiB) Downloaded 2195 times

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2007

My charts seem to be updating now, but the current candle is drawing about a third of the way in from the right side of the charts. Is that normal???
You can set the width of this margin:

click: Format / Window / X - Time Scale

and set the number of bars in "Space to the Right". It looks like you have about 25 set currently.

irishkev

Hi Guest,

Thanks for the tip. Everything is right with the world now! Well, maybe not with the world, but my charts are looking good.

Best,
Kevin

irishkev

No Connection. Reconnecting. Connection OK. No Connection. Reconnecting. Connection OK. No Connection. Reconnecting. Connection OK. No Connection. Reconnecting. Connection OK.

Prices seem to be about 15 minutes old.

I've had the service for two days, and seen this both days.

I had a stretch of several hours where it worked fine.

problems with data

Postby problems with data » 03 Aug 2007

irishkev, Port 9000 seems to be working, that is gain capitol data, if you dont know how to change ports, click on file go to preferences and click on that and you will see, put 9000 in the port box and close mcfx and restart it. See if that works. I would rather use fxcm data but that seems like a lost cause at the moment.

digger

problems with data

Postby digger » 03 Aug 2007

Any chance of getting an update on what the problem is with fxcm data this time. Just a little clue would be helpful and thoughtful, or if it is supposedly fixed what the problem was, thank you

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2007

Port 9000 seems to be working, that is gain capitol data, if you dont know how to change ports, click on file go to preferences and click on that and you will see, put 9000 in the port box and close mcfx and restart it.
But it's a gamble, because if port 9000 isn't working, changing the port setting in the login dialogue doesn't reset the port, and you're shut out of the program.

digger

problems with data

Postby digger » 05 Aug 2007

Dear guest, It is becoming more obvious everyday that everything is a gamble with these chart! They may or may not work and the response from support is less than satisfactory I mean come on, use at your own risk the data is static you dont know what is going to happen, Andrew if I told you I might pay you for the service or I might not pay would you still let me use the charts we all know that would never happen. You say we have a choice, a lot of us made the choice to use this company based on your web page which should be worded a whole lot different. We have been paying you its time for your company to keep their end of the deal. You say you are doing your best Im not questioning that, but the time has come to fix this problem so if who ever is working on it cant then somebody that knows more needs to be brought in, I done that in my own business and yes it was a customer oriented business so I have been in your shoes. My backup( which seem to be my main charts) charts use fxcm data and they work week after week, so I know it is possible, a lot of places use fxcm data with no problems, you have had this problem from basically day one. You told yosnappy about all the features mcfx has, what good are they when the charts dont work? This latest problem was asked about last Thursday and again on Friday and nothing from support not a word, now it will be at least Monday morning before anything is done about it. Is this really your best?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Sep 2007

In the past the problems with the data feed were caused by FXCM seding quotes with the future time stamps. After that was fixed the server's stability has considerably improved.

At the moment, as I already mentioned we are developing a cluster of servers to ensure that if there are problems backup will be in place.

digger

problems with data

Postby digger » 20 Sep 2007

just wondering if there is a problem with fxcm today, stuck in that connected trying to reconnect loop

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Sep 2007

Unfortunately, this morning there was a problem with our MCFX server. It was promptly fixed, though.

And we are still working on the new server I mentioned earlier. According to the latest estimates, it will be launched in a month's time.

digger

problems with data

Postby digger » 20 Sep 2007

Thank you so much for the update Marina, it means a lot and yes the reliability does seem to be a whole bunch better as of late, appreciate the efforts of everyone involved thanks again , digger

digger

port 8000 data problems

Postby digger » 25 Sep 2007

Seems to be aproblem with fxcm data again, there is none.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Sep 2007

Hi,

MCFX should be working fine at this point.

Regards.

digger

port 8000 data problems

Postby digger » 02 Oct 2007

Hello, seems to be a problem agian with fxcm data, if you get a chance could you tell us when it is up and going ? Using port 9000 atm and it takes a while to shut the program down to keep checking to see if port8000 is going again. Thank you

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Oct 2007

Hello,

There still might be problems in MCFX on the on-and-off basis. The new server is being tested now. I will let you know when it's launched - that should make the data feed much more reliable.

Return to “MCFX”