Can't receive data from port 8000

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
gpboss

Can't receive data from port 8000

Postby gpboss » 15 Aug 2007

Hello,
I can't receive any data from port 8000. from 07:00 JST (22:00 GMT).
Is it server trouble?

My MCFX's version is 1.0.935.1140.
It say over and over "No Connection","Reconnecting..." and "Connection OK" by rotation.

I have no trouble on my NetConnection,so there is something trouble on server or MCFX,I guess.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Aug 2007

Hello,

I just plotted a chart with the data from port 8000. And it worked just fine.

Have you tried shutting down the program and restarting it?
Do you have the same problem with the other ports?

gpboss

Thanks

Postby gpboss » 16 Aug 2007

Hello,

Thanks for replying,Marina.

I tried shutting down and restart my MCFX,again and again.
But it didn't receive .

But change to port 9000,It's well done.

thank you.

port 8000 data

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007

Problem with fxcm data AGAIN, hasent been working right for 2 days now, connection is connected charts dont update. I t would be nice to get this problem fixed

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Aug 2007

Is mcfx working now?
Last week we fixed the issue with mcfx server and at the moment it should be working just fine.

port 8000 data

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2007

Hi Marina, Yes it does seem to be working, Thanks for the reply,these charts are awesome when they are working , thanks again. Dont really care for fxcm but they do seem to have more volume than gain capitol and thier data seems to make the indicaters smoother, digger

digger

cant recieve data port 8000 or 9000

Postby digger » 30 Aug 2007

Seems to be a problem on all ports, if and when they are connected the charts are not updating at all on either port. Said it before I will say it again you need to have somebody there around the clock untill you get some better servers. Who ever you are using may be a good deal for you but it sucks for your coustomers. You have had this problem since day one, most places would have done something different a long, long time ago.
Now with nobody there at least until 6 and the time it takes to fix it all your coustomers that do trade for a living are stuck just getting madder and madder, you advertise it to be something great-make it great. You have chased a lot of good coustomers away with this problem, how many more is going to take?

MKlein

Re: cant recieve data port 8000 or 9000

Postby MKlein » 30 Aug 2007

Same problem here - no data on port 8000 since 7am or on port 9000 since 4am.

I see complaints about this have been going on literally for years. Is this why they've removed read-access to the "uncensored" forum for prospective customers?

digger

data problems

MKlein, I would say it probably has a lot to do with it

digger

cant recieve data port 8000 or 9000

ts support, any chance of an update on what happened this time or what is going on

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Aug 2007

We have had problems with our server since early morning today. Our engineers have been working on this issue. The problem should be fixed tomorrow.

As for the problems we had before they were the result of FXCM sending us data with future timestamps. The server has been working normally since then.

digger

data problems

Thank You Marina for the update its nice not being complelely in the dark, this may be the wrong place but how difficult is it to get multicharts up and running, I already have e-signal data and charts for backup but I know nothing about computers, is it hard to get the data going into multicharts

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Aug 2007

Working with MultiCharts is similar to working with MCFX. It is not hard to get data into MultiCharts.

The major difference is that while MCFX is tailored to Forex MultiCharts is universal (i.d. you can trade futures, indices etc).

Also, in MultiCharts you can get your data from differnt datafeeds - including eSignal. You can check the list of data providers already built-in MultiCharts here: http://tssupport.com/products/multichar ... datasource

Another difference between MultiCharts and MCFX basic is that in MultiCharts you can import, modify or create your own studies (this functionality is realized in MCFX Pro)

You can download a 30-day trial version of MultiCharts from our website.

For more information please refer to http://tssupport.com/products/multicharts/

There are also a number of online tutorials on how to work with MultiCharts and how to use datafeeds from different data providers http://tssupport.com/support/tutorials/

digger

data problems

Thank you very much Marina, seems I remember something about if you had mcfx installed on your cp that multicharts would not work right is that still the case just wondering thx again for the reply

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Aug 2007

The problem is fixed now. If you run the new versions of these products, that is.

digger

no data port 8000

Postby digger » 05 Sep 2007

The fxcm data feed is down again no live data on any pair

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Sep 2007

The server was temporary down but the problem was quickly fixed.

To make MCFX data feed more stable in future, we have been developing a server cluster to ensure uninterrupted work. It is at the testing stage already and will soon be launched.

digger

port 8000

Postby digger » 10 Sep 2007

Marina, Thank for the update and the news. digger

Return to “MCFX”