Point Value = $100000?

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
james lee

Point Value = $100000?

Postby james lee » 19 Sep 2007

How can I change Point Value? From the Back-Testing Strategy Performance Report/Settings, Point Value = $100000 by default. Could it be changed?

Thanks in advance.

James

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Sep 2007

Dear James,

Point Value cannot be changed.

May I ask why you would like to change it? Do you think the value is wrong?

Regards.

james lee

Postby james lee » 28 Sep 2007

Well, since I trade the mini $100 lot not the $1000 lot, I was just too lazy to do the division when glancing quickly over the strategy performance report. Especially when examining the trade-by-trade P/L, those bloated numbers like 34000000 just give me headaches! Imagine you have to mentally divide each number by 100000, including 100:1 leverage, for Profit, Cum Profit, Run-up, Drawn-down, etc. for 200 trades. Now if I could change it to reflect PV=1, not 100000, then P/L is in actual dollar term. Does my rationale make any sense to you?!

James

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Oct 2007

Yes, James, your reasoning makes perfect sense.

However, at the moment point value can't be changed.

Regards.

gian piero

Point Value change

Postby gian piero » 13 Jan 2008

Hello,

I've seen that for the moment we cannot change the point value change, but I wondered when is it going to be available since I urgently need to set up this in order to calculate accurately my strategy's performance. I have a mini account, so this may help a lot of people like me..

Thanks

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 14 Jan 2008

The latest beta version supports fractional points so you point value will be correct for mini lots.

gian piero

Postby gian piero » 27 Jan 2008

The latest beta version supports fractional points so you point value will be correct for mini lots.
I've downloaded the latest bete version just today, and still the program does not allow to insert fractional points. It keeps showing the message: "Enter the number". I'm trying to do this in the properties windows of the signal, on the Fixed shares/contracts textbox.

Thanks.

acquatella

Quick Question

Postby acquatella » 03 Feb 2008

Hello,

how come point value cannot be changed? for me this is very important!!

I'm doing some back testing here and I should be able to calculate my profits as it was a Mini-Account!!

The latest beta version doesn't supports fractional points as you said, at least I cant change it... so my point value is not correct for mini lots.

Can you address? please...

Thanks.

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 03 Feb 2008

Besides not being able to change the point value. It is calculated wrong. A fractional pip is calculated as a pip.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Feb 2008

Hello,

This problem will be corrected in future MCFX versions.

acquatella

When

Postby acquatella » 06 Feb 2008

Hello,

When is that going to happen?

Thanks.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Feb 2008

Well, since I trade the mini $100 lot not the $1000 lot, I was just too lazy to do the division when glancing quickly over the strategy performance report. Especially when examining the trade-by-trade P/L, those bloated numbers like 34000000 just give me headaches! Imagine you have to mentally divide each number by 100000, including 100:1 leverage, for Profit, Cum Profit, Run-up, Drawn-down, etc. for 200 trades. Now if I could change it to reflect PV=1, not 100000, then P/L is in actual dollar term. Does my rationale make any sense to you?!

James
Dear James,

As I mentioned earlier in one of the posts, those extra zeroes are related to the fact that the strategy performance report cannot factor in Fixed Shares/Contracts correctly. The problem is that to have those numbers displayed correctly some quite profound modifications have to be made in the program. We are going to implement that in future MCFX versions. For now I can only recommend mentally getting rid of those extra zeroes.

Regards.

acquatella

When will be this possible?

Postby acquatella » 16 Mar 2008

Hello,

When is it going to be possible for MCFX to simulate mini accounts?

I have developed automated codes and backtested but it is very difficult for each time I sit down to think about the consequences when applying these strategies into a mini account.

Just wondered how it will be possible to change the point value.

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Mar 2008

Dear acquatella,

If you are referring to inability of MultiCharts to handle mini/standard accounts correctly (where you get all those extra zeroes), the problem will be fixed in April.

acquatella

Mini account

Postby acquatella » 18 Apr 2008

Is this fixed already in the new version?

Im planning to buy the license once is ready...

I'll wait for updates.

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 May 2008

Hi Acquatella,

This will be fixed in the upcoming release of MCFX due in about 2 weeks.

acquatella

ready?

Postby acquatella » 17 Jun 2008

Is this solved already??

I was told this was being fixed in April, then some weeks before... stil I wonder if I can simulate mini accounts with the newest version. I'm waiting for this to happen to start acquiring the license again!

Thanks for the support,

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Jun 2008

Hi acquatella,

The problem with extra zeros in Strategy Performance Report has already been fixed.

Download the latest MCFX version from our website.

Regards.

scopen

Mini Point Value

Postby scopen » 04 Sep 2008

The problem with extra zeros in Strategy Performance Report has already been fixed.

I have the latest version and I can't find where to set the point value for a mini ($10,000). I've tried all of the obvious places Strategy: Properties, Format : Symbol, File: Preferences, etc. Where is the point value setting located?

Also, formal documentation (a pdf manual) is worth at least the value of the first month's subscription fee. A pdf from the TS site on easy language doesn't suffice. If I wanted to use TS documents, I'd subscribe to TS. I realize that there is some kind of licensing going on but your product needs to stand on it's own, otherwise, what's the difference? TS has a Forex product, though maybe not one with auto-trade capability.

acquatella

How to simulate Mini Accounts with MCFX???

Postby acquatella » 04 Sep 2008

TS SUPPORT,

Can you please explain in detail how to set up MCFX in order to simulate Mini Accounts? Many people are having problems setting this up because there are not specific instructions how make this possible.

As Scopen says, formal documentation about MCFX with all kind of explanation about settings like this and explanation about the reports from backtesting would be worth the value for subscribing to your service. Hope this will be done soon.

Many thanksThanks

acquatella

Mini account simulation on MCFX

Postby acquatella » 20 Sep 2008

Hello,

Bandieramonte and I just purchased another monthly subscription of MCFX PRO because the point value was supposed to be fixed in the latest version to simulate mini accounts, however, we are still not able to do this. Can you explain how we can set up this please?

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Re: Mini Point Value

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Sep 2008

I have the latest version and I can't find where to set the point value for a mini ($10,000). I've tried all of the obvious places Strategy: Properties, Format : Symbol, File: Preferences, etc. Where is the point value setting located?

Also, formal documentation (a pdf manual) is worth at least the value of the first month's subscription fee. A pdf from the TS site on easy language doesn't suffice. If I wanted to use TS documents, I'd subscribe to TS. I realize that there is some kind of licensing going on but your product needs to stand on it's own, otherwise, what's the difference? TS has a Forex product, though maybe not one with auto-trade capability.
Hi scopen,

You don't need to set the point value for mini accounts. It has already been pre-set (you can check its value by applying Custom 1 Line indicator and writing pointvalue for the formula. You'll see the values returned by the indicator).

As for manuals, MCFX has a help file that describes how to use the program. Also, for our other platform, MultiCharts, we have developed a comprehensive help file as well as a PowerLanguage reserved word reference. Those two files can be found at http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/tu ... charts.chm and http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/tu ... nguage.chm

Since MultiCharts and MCFX are very similar, you will be able to use the MultiCharts help with the program. Meanwhile, we are working on an updated version of the help for MCFX.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Mini account simulation on MCFX

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Sep 2008

Hello,

Bandieramonte and I just purchased another monthly subscription of MCFX PRO because the point value was supposed to be fixed in the latest version to simulate mini accounts, however, we are still not able to do this. Can you explain how we can set up this please?

Thanks
Dear acquatella,

No special settings are needed to simulate mini-accounts. It all has already been pre-set for you.

In strategy properties, the Fixed number of contracts/shares has been set to 1. This setting is used to work with mini accounts. To trade standard lots, this number would need to be changed to 10.

I hope the above answers your question.

If you need any further clarifications, please let me know.

Best regards.

acquatella

Thanks

Postby acquatella » 22 Sep 2008

Awesome!

Thanks a lot Marina, I'm glad we can finally backtest our strategies as they were mini.

Personally, I love MCFX, so I just wanted to suggest you guys to keep in mind your MCFX PRO costumers with information and tutorials for us from time to time as well, and not always for Multicharts, thanks again.

Paul

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Sep 2008

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the post. We are now working on an updated file for MCFX Pro. It will be out together with the new MCFX container. Hopefully, you'll like it.

Best regards.

gian piero

Mini Account still not available

Postby gian piero » 27 Sep 2008

I've been reading throughout all this thread, and I've felt kind of disappointed with the last posts here.

I understood, by Marina, that the mini account functionality is already available, by inserting '1' in the strategies properties, in the "Fixed Shares/Contracts" textbox. However, when I do this, I can easily see by the Strategy Performance window that this the mini account functionality in fact is not working. Instead, it is still managing only standard lots. MCFX is valuating every pip as $10, when it was supposed to be $1..

I require you to please clearly explain me how the mini account mode is really supposed to be invoked. I purchased MCFX again because I thought the platform could now manage mini lots.

And one last thing, the commissions are incorrectly being deducted from the trades. For instance, if I insert a '3' in the "Commission" textbox in the strategy properties window, and select the "per Trade" radio button, MCFX is always deducting twice the commission, or $6 dollar per trade, when it's supposed to deduct only 3..

acquatella

Mini Account still not available

Postby acquatella » 27 Sep 2008

Yes Indeed, we thought mini account backtesting simulation was ready, but here's an example of what we got:

-Let's open EURUSD 1 hour chart from 9/27/2007 to 9/27/2008,
-Let's include the signals KeyRev LE, KeyRevSE, KeyRevLX and KeyRevSX,
-In the properties, let's include a comission of $3 per share/contract (supposing that we are trading mini accounts, and that this comission is for the spread we have to pay), zero interest, and Fixed Shares/Contracts of 1 (to simulate a mini)....

When we go to the Back-Testing Strategy Performance Report, we can see that for the first trade we got a profit of $152 out of 15.8 pips (EntryShort 1.4269 - ExitShort 1.42532), which is being calculated as if it was an standard account (15.8pips x $10/pip - $6 of comission), (also the comission is being doubled, don't know why is substracting $6 when the comission should be only $3).
If we were simulating mini, the profit should have been 15.8pips x $1/pip - $3 = $12.8

Please, we hope to have this problem fixed soon, as our strategies are now wrongly calculated.

Best regards.

Paul

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Oct 2008

Hi Paul and Gian Piero,

We actually were wrong regarding our assumptions on big point value and the pip size in FXCM.

We have misinterpreted the improved precision of the prices and considered the price difference of 6.9 pips for example to be 69 pips which resulted in wrong dollar values for the trades made.

We are going to implement the changes necessary to fix that. The BigPointValue will be changed from 100.000 to 10.000

The fix should be available within the next 1-2 weeks.

Regards.

Duvald

Postby Duvald » 12 Dec 2008

I trade MICRO lots (1000 units) should I insert 0,1 in fixed share amount ?

Cordially,
Duvald

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 22 Dec 2008

Dear Duvald,
Micro lots are not supported yet. You will be able to use mini and standard lots in the next MCFX version.

Return to “MCFX”