Multiple Chart Position Issue

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
beck donald

Multiple Chart Position Issue

Postby beck donald » 31 Jan 2008

You can not run more than one chart on the same pair. If you do the chart positions and the traded positions get out of sync.

As a test I setup 2 charts on GBP/JPY on 1 and 2 minute charts with very sensitive settings, the intention being a lot of trades take place.

A variety of things takes place so there is more than one issue. In some cases if both charts are on buy signals and one chart gets a sell and or a short the net position should be flat or zero. What happens is both longs are closed out and the 2 charts combined are short 1 position. The same holds true if short both charts and a buy signal takes place.

If 2 signals happen at the exact moment, the position result is random, but I have seen it be long or short 4 positions when it should have been 2.

kevin kolodzy

Postby kevin kolodzy » 31 Jan 2008

Nice work, Donald. I haven't gotten that far in my testing so far, but that is critical information. Is that with hedging on or off at FXCM?

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 31 Jan 2008

Kevin,

That is with hedging off. With single charts of a pair, all seems to be fine. It might be that for each additional chart to trade on the same pair, a different strategy name is required.

It was no small feat to get FXCM to turn off the hedging. Took 4 days and 5 or 6 people. For a live account it is a non issue. With hindsight, opening the account and funding it would have been quicker.... that assumes a demo account would have come along with the trading account.

Regards
Don

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Feb 2008

Hello,

In the current version of MCFX, trading the same symbol from different charts will not work correctly.

In future, we are planning to make MCFX factor in the positions opened from different charts (for the same symbol) correctly. For now, we would recommend avoiding trading the same symbol from different charts.

Return to “MCFX”