Equity Curve Detailed Problem -

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
acquatella

Equity Curve Detailed Problem -

Postby acquatella » 03 Feb 2008

Hello,

I have a problem I wanted you to help me out:

1) I have this strategy with SetStopLoss(1550), and I've looked in the manual that this is $1550 and not 1550pips, right?
(I also have SetProfitTarget(14500))

2) Well the thing is that in the equity curve for EURUSD Daily this is fine, it gives a nice equity curve, but when it comes to other pairs like AUDJPY or GBPJPY the equity curve gives me enormous peaks that are nonsense to me. Also in the detailed trades and in the chart these pairs seems to get out inmediately once entered a position (by stop loss or profit target) but the amount of $ I've set up to get out to are not those ones. I know that those peaks corresponds to equity high and low, but they seem to be quite bigger than expected,

Can you explain me this situation please? I've attached to images, one with the equity curve and one with the chart corresponding the moments I marked in the first image.

Thank you very much.
Attachments
Kayabusa-1.JPG
(74.13 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Kayabusa-2.JPG
(83.8 KiB) Downloaded 401 times

acquatella

Help

Postby acquatella » 06 Feb 2008

can I have some help on this please?

Paul

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Feb 2008

Hi acquatella,

The problem with the equity curve is related to the wrong big point value for some of the currency pairs. We have already fixed those wrong values. The MCFX version with the corrected values will be availalbe next week. Or if you would like to have it sooner, please contact us through LiveChat http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html - we will upload the latest MCFX version on your computer through our remote desktop connection utility.

Return to “MCFX”