MCFX PRO Beta - Discrepancy in Strategy Performance Report

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Feb 2008

Hi Paul,

Could you please give us your strategy so that we could run tests on our end?

As for which version must be used, I would recommend the latest beta version. It supports the new server which is more reliable and much more accurate than the old one. As I mentioned before, the fact that you used the same currency pair does not guarantee that the data will be the same - they have been taken from different sources which most probably has resulted in a number of discrepancies between the two. In which case the comparison can't be valid.

gian piero

Postby gian piero » 15 Feb 2008

What do you mean with different sources? I also suffer the same problem and I want the source that approximates the most to FXCM's data feed, because I'm planning to automate my strategies onto my FXCM account later on.

Do I have to first choose the data source? How does this works? Which data source is identical to FXCM's? Also, which MCFX version has its data identical to FXCM's? I'm all confused now :s Please clarify all this.

This is really important for me to attain congruency between results of the strategy performance reports and the results I will be seeing when automating.

Thanks.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 18 Feb 2008

What do you mean with different sources? I also suffer the same problem and I want the source that approximates the most to FXCM's data feed, because I'm planning to automate my strategies onto my FXCM account later on.
FXCM has to APIs. Price Engine Client API ()PEC is an old stuff that has lots of problems. If you monitor quotes in MCFX and FXCM Trading Station II you will see noticeable difference or significant delay. We use it on our old server, but FXCM strongly suggested us to migrate to Java API.
So the new server runs new JAVA API and real-time quotes are almost identical to what you can see in FXCM Trading Station II. I say “almost identical”, because the quotes couldn’t be identical and it is confirmed by FXCM. Even if you open two FXCM Trading Stations II on two pcs, you will see slight difference. We have the same minor difference. I assume it is related to the fact that Forex market is decentralized and there is no single source even inside FXCM brokerage engine.

Do I have to first choose the data source? How does this works? Which data source is identical to FXCM's? Also, which MCFX version has its data identical to FXCM's? I'm all confused now :s Please clarify all this.
We suggest to use beta.
This is really important for me to attain congruency between results of the strategy performance reports and the results I will be seeing when automating.
Another thing that I think could answer the first question is dollar point value.
As you know many currency pairs has dynamic dollar point value. So every day the value is different. We use static value for point value setting. Since our release version is pretty old, point value can significantly affect on accuracy of calculations. The only way to maintain point dollar value accuracy is to calculate it on each bar which we think to add in the future.
Since we are going to release new versions of MCFX quite often, the point value will be almost up-to-date.

Return to “MCFX”