Important information regarding Auto-trading

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
Andrew Kirillov

Important information regarding Auto-trading

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 22 Feb 2008

We carefully analyzed the the reported auto-trading issue and found that it was always in our program. I can’t understand why our QA or users didn’t catch it before.
The problem connected with wrong market position we get from broker. The problem is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. We don’t blame FXCM for the problem.
I assum we simply don’t use the API properly. We are working on it right now and I’m quite sure we will fix it in the next version that will support stop/limit orders.

As a temporary solution I suggest to use confirmation window and manually check every order before send it to your broker. It is not practical, but I have no better idea so far…
Our company apologizes for the inconvenience.

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 22 Feb 2008

When I first started using MCFX I reported single positions getting mis-matched. In playing with the program I did not have any trading problems for some time. Then again, last night I had one position trade the wrong size and another go unnoticed.

I shut FXCM and MCFX, re-started FXCM and then MCFX. Another 8 r/t took place overnight without issue.

Maybe the issue has to do with the rollover at 5:00pm EST? That is when the positions get booked for the day at FXCM.

A test would be to close / restart one platform just after rollover and let another run through the rollover without shutdown.

Don

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 22 Feb 2008

Is there an estimate on a release date?

Thanks
Don

Return to “MCFX”