Point & Figure

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
riffster

Point & Figure

Postby riffster » 18 Jun 2008

Hello,

About a year ago (or more) when I subscribed before, there were different options for "point & figure" candles and bars. Where did they go? Now there is only 1 option? To be honest, that's actually why I subscribed, for the different point & figure candle options. Is there an older version that I can download somewhere?

Thanks...

-Riff

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Jun 2008

Point and figure charts were never supported in any of our products, including MCFX.

riffster

Postby riffster » 18 Jun 2008

Point and figure charts were never supported in any of our products, including MCFX.
Maybe I'm using the wrong name to referrence the candle type, but the candle or bars were drawn on the charts based on the number of "points" or "pips". There were 2 types: one type is just like what is included now, but the other type (the one I'm looking for) would draw the candles based on "absolute range" or "end-to-end". I think is was called "orginal"? but can't remember. Is there an older build that can be downloaded somewhere? thanks...

-Riff

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Jun 2008

Hello riffster,

What you are referring to were point original charts. Those charts aren't supported any longer because they were simply the wrong implementation of the point resolution.

riffster

Postby riffster » 19 Jun 2008

Hello riffster,

What you are referring to were point original charts. Those charts aren't supported any longer because they were simply the wrong implementation of the point resolution.
But they worked great for a few of my custom indicators. Is there an older build that I can download? I understand that it won't be supported. thanks...

-Riff

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Jun 2008

Dear Riff,

The older builds that still supported the point original charts are no longer available.

Best regards.

Return to “MCFX”