FXCM Datafeed down again! Try another datafeed provider plz?

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
zeetz

FXCM Datafeed down again! Try another datafeed provider plz?

Postby zeetz » 13 Apr 2006

MCFX Support

I thought the datafeed problem was solved, but here I am wanting to trade forex with Decision Bar tonite but I cannot ---> because the datafeed for the charts stopped at 2 pm today. This is the fourth time since my subscription began last week!

I read the discussion topic about you getting another datafeed provider other than FXCM... GREAT! All I can say is, whatever the problem is I hope you solve it quickly, because without a reliable, accurate, live datafeed my trading is "dead in the water".

pt49

FXCM feeds sucks

Postby pt49 » 15 Apr 2006

The FXCM feed is atrocious a lot of the time. It lags the market by as much as 15 seconds or more at times. The use some sort of damping on their incoming feed to smooth out the volatility, which can be good, however I feel they use that ability to smooth volatility to manipulate price to their advantage.

About 4 weeks ago I noticed that FXCM feed was 25 pips behind the Comstock feed.

It beats me why the FXCM feed is the default feed in so many charting packages.

Alexey Kramer

Postby Alexey Kramer » 17 Apr 2006

Did you compare Comstock with FXCM Trading Station II or with 3d party program? If FXCM Trading Station II lags then it is clear 3d party developers are powerless to overcome this problem. However, due to FOREX nature it is not possible that different data feeds provide different data, because there is no centralized source of data.

pt49

Postby pt49 » 17 Apr 2006

I compared Comstock, FXCM and FX Solutions and then for good measure the Coes and EFX feeds all together... guess which lags the furthest behind?

EFX is the fastest feed available that I can find, probably because it is a direct interbank feed. It's common to see a 1 pip spread on the EUR and YEN, sometimes even on the GBP.

Zero pip spreads are available if you're quick. However you do have to pay on top of your spread... but at least you know it is an honest feed, not manipulated like most brokers feeds are.

The EFX and Coes trade staions suck, but they are in the process of re doing them and makjing them more user friendly. These are 2 large equity firms branching out into the Forex arena.

Much needed competition to keep these other b*stards honest.

Big happenings in the pipeline in the near future... stay tuned.

pt49

Postby pt49 » 17 Apr 2006

If FXCM Trading Station II lags then it is clear 3d party developers are powerless to overcome this problem.
You 3rd party developers need to take the time and make the effort to find an honest feed sourse... they are available.
However, due to FOREX nature it is not possible that different data feeds provide different data, because there is no centralized source of data.
The major banks supply the feeds, and the brokers redirect them to you guys. FXCM is making a fortune selling a faulty feed to all these charting companies... they get a % off of everyone.

Alexey Kramer

Postby Alexey Kramer » 18 Apr 2006

Thanks for the information. Could you give URL of EFX?

pt49

Postby pt49 » 18 Apr 2006

I'm not at liberty to disclose my other info just yet, however here's the URL's for COES and EFX

http://www.efxgroup.com

http://www.coesfx.com

Alexey Kramer

Postby Alexey Kramer » 18 Apr 2006

Thanks

pt49

Postby pt49 » 28 Apr 2006

COES now have a MT platform in beta testing, due for release this week. PM me for a link.

Return to “MCFX”