timer/countdown

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
mm

timer/countdown

Postby mm » 26 Aug 2006

hello,
I was trying to look through the forum but couldn't find an answer. I am looking for a minute or tick countdown timer. what I mean is...can MC charts include a countdown timer where it shows you how much time is left on the current candlestick or how many ticks are left on the current candlestick. Is it okay to post this question as a topic? thanks

foxtrot

Tickcountdown Timer ELS to try

Postby foxtrot » 27 Aug 2006

Hi, here's a TS ELS for Tick Countdown that imports ok to MCharts courtesy of the TS forum. I haven't tried it out live...just checked it out on a tick chart to see if it came up ok. I'll find out tomorrow. I didn't overwrite one of the functions that was already in MCharts as a precaution.

Cheers, Foxtrot
Attachments
TICKCOUNTDOWNTIMER.ELS
(8.29 KiB) Downloaded 817 times

mm

Postby mm » 28 Aug 2006

thanks Foxtrot. I think I tried to import this one before but somehow couldn't get it to work. thanks for replying.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 29 Aug 2006

I'l take a look when the session opens and post here what can be said about this indicator.

foxtrot

New tick bars not being created on time?

Postby foxtrot » 29 Aug 2006

Hi, I created this indicator and function "GetTickValue" in 2000i by text and then exported it as an ELS file to post it. As such, the 2 functions necessary for it to work are created in the ELS file automatically, whereas there is only one added function in the original text files at the TS forum. I haven't tried importing the ELD file that was posted directly to MC, but this indicator was working today live on 20 and 50 tick charts. As I have loaded a few TS indicators into MC I'm not sure if the 2nd function was already there from MC or was added previously.

I did notice that the tick bars themselves were behind time in creating new bars when comparing them with the tick counter..correct by my course of sales...on my computer. Maybe Alex could have a look at this as I have MC on an older backup computer...dual P3...and it could either be a program bug or a lack of computer power slowing down the creation of new bars. The price in the bar was correct however which makes me think it may be a bug.

Cheers, Foxtrot

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 17 Apr 2007

I'l take a look when the session opens and post here what can be said about this indicator.
Alex - I realize this post is old, but I did not see your follow up to posting here about this indicator.

A tick counter is extremely useful on many different chart setups. I'm looking all over the forums trying to find something!!

Thanks!

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007

Were you able to get this to work properly?

Re: timer/countdown

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007

hello,
I was trying to look through the forum but couldn't find an answer. I am looking for a minute or tick countdown timer. what I mean is...can MC charts include a countdown timer where it shows you how much time is left on the current candlestick or how many ticks are left on the current candlestick. Is it okay to post this question as a topic? thanks
you mean a count down counter like the Quotetracker ?

SP

Postby SP » 17 Aug 2007

I modified GetAppInfo(aiHighestDispValue) and GetAppInfo(aiLowestDispValue) so an older TS code works with minute candles. The code starts after the first complete bar (needs some Space to the Right). The disadvantage of the TS codes that the timer only counts down on trades still exists. That means if we dont get a trade during the interval the counter remains at the last value.

I commented the tick/volume counter out because the text goes back into the chart and needs some improvement on text_setstyle to get it work.
Attachments
timer.xml
(15.28 KiB) Downloaded 711 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Aug 2007

Have you tested the code in MultiCharts?

One of our programmers looked at the code and said that it cannot work because it contains words that are not supported in MC.

SP

Postby SP » 17 Aug 2007

Hi Marina,

did they try it on an 2 Min Chart. I changed
HighestDispValue = GetAppInfo( aiHighestDispValue ) which was not supported with HighestDispValue = Highest(High,NumBarsBack).

For charts with a lot of history/barnumbers you need to change NumberBarsBack(0) to a number you want to go back on bars for high/low on the chart to see the plot.

This is what i get on a 2 Min Chart:
Attachments
ER2Min.png
(35.03 KiB) Downloaded 1502 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Aug 2007

Hello,

Yes, the last one does work!

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”