How to create a bar timer

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
NW27

How to create a bar timer

Postby NW27 » 09 Feb 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to create a bar timer that will play a WAV file 30seconds before the bar completes. This is to get my attention.

I have tried the following code but it does not work correctly. The idea is that it plays once at 30 seconds and again at 10 seconds.
Looking at the two flags FirstAlarmPlayed and SecondAlarmPlayed with the Print statement, they are getting set an cleared at the correct times but the Playsound is not doing anything.
If I remove the checking of the flags in the IF statement, it does play the sound multiple times until a new bar is created.

By the way, I'm using 5 min bars.

Code: Select all

{
Type - Indicator
Name - NWT Bar Timer
Desc - This indicator plays sounds to indicate an alarm prior to a new bar being displayed

Written by Neil Wrightson

Version Date Reason
1 08/02/2011 Start
}

Inputs: En_FirstAlarm(1),FirstAlarm(30),FirstAlarm_WAV_File("C:\Sounds\Alert4.WAV");
Inputs: En_SecondAlarm(1),SecondAlarm(10),SecondAlarm_WAV_File("C:\Sounds\Alert2.WAV");
Variables : FirstAlarmPlayed(0),SecondAlarmPlayed(0);
Variables : L_AlarmTime(0),L_Currenttime(0);

L_Currenttime = el_timetodatetime_s(currenttime_s) ;
L_AlarmTime = (el_timetodatetime_s(time_s) - el_timetodatetime_s(FirstAlarm)) ;

if (L_Currenttime > L_AlarmTime) AND (FirstAlarmPlayed=0) then
begin
PlaySound(FirstAlarm_WAV_File);
FirstAlarmPlayed = FirstAlarmPlayed + 1 ;
end;

if el_timetodatetime_s(currenttime_s) < (el_timetodatetime_s(time_s) - el_timetodatetime_s(FirstAlarm)) then
FirstAlarmPlayed = 0;

if (el_timetodatetime_s(currenttime_s) > (el_timetodatetime_s(time_s) - el_timetodatetime_s(SecondAlarm))) AND (SecondAlarmPlayed=0) then
begin
PlaySound(SecondAlarm_WAV_File);
SecondAlarmPlayed = SecondAlarmPlayed + 1 ;
end;

if el_timetodatetime_s(currenttime_s) < (el_timetodatetime_s(time_s) - el_timetodatetime_s(SecondAlarm)) then
SecondAlarmPlayed = 0;

print(currenttime_s,FirstAlarmPlayed,SecondAlarmPlayed," ",L_AlarmTime:1:10," ",L_Currenttime:1:10) ;

Dave Masalov

Re: How to create a bar timer

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Feb 2011

Dear NW27,

Please try to declare the variables the following way:

Variables : intrabarpersist FirstAlarmPlayed(0), intrabarpersist SecondAlarmPlayed(0);

Then the values before the next calculation won't be reset to the previous bar values for these variables.

NW27

Postby NW27 » 16 Feb 2011

Perfect,

Thanks Dave.

Neil.

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Feb 2011

nice code

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”