Missing Data again!!!

thomas becker

Missing Data again!!!

Postby thomas becker » 07 Feb 2008

I´ve again the problem, using tickcharts, that I´m missing data!
You can see it in the image (chart I). I think this problem is concerning to the new server. So yesterday afternoon MCFX worked fine until the late afternoon and today you can see only one big candlestick for a large time (see chart II)!

Can I use the old server if the problem persits? What I´ve to do for this?

See my other thread "missing data"!

Kindest regards,

Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MKlein

Postby MKlein » 07 Feb 2008

Two months of data seems to have vanished from the GBP/USD hourly charts this afternoon. The chart jumps from 03/12/2007 (2.0555) to 07/02/2008 (1.9412).
You'll need to reinstall an older version of MCFX from the downloads page, then select port 7000, 8000, or 9000 under File / Preferences. Port 8000 is FXCM. Port 9000 is Gain Capital.

M Klein
Last edited by MKlein on 07 Feb 2008, edited 1 time in total.

MKlein

Two months of data seems to have vanished from the GBP/USD hourly charts this afternoon.
This also affects the daily charts in the same range.

USD/CAD has no n-hourly or daily data from 24/12/2007.

M Klein

thomas becker

Thank you very much! The problem is that an older version doesn´t work with Windows Vista. I hope it will works soon!!!!

Yes, it doesn´t work with daly chart (see chart III)!

Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 07 Feb 2008

First, make sure you have changed your computer time to GMT +2.

Next, I have been able to load 500, 600 or even 650 bars, it seems fine. It breaks at 700 bars and therefore it appears that there is a data allocation limitation which instead of limiting data on the back-end is eliminating data on the front-end of the data request.

Finally, it appears to be limited to hour bars. I changed to 60 minutes and the issue did not repeat itself. It will happen on other symbols as well, but it seems not all.

Take care,
Don
Last edited by beck donald on 07 Feb 2008, edited 1 time in total.

beck donald

Re: Missing Data again!!!

Postby beck donald » 07 Feb 2008

I´ve again the problem, using tickcharts, that I´m missing data!
You can see it in the image (chart I). I think this problem is concerning to the new server. So yesterday afternoon MCFX worked fine until the late afternoon and today you can see only one big candlestick for a large time (see chart II)!

See my other thread "missing data"!

Kindest regards,

Thomas

Seems on the tick chart the issue is for all symbols and I would guess has a limited resolution. It seems it is the same problem that on minute charts changing computer time fixes, however limited to the solution being to request fewer bars. The chart works for me at 100 bars back. Make sure you have changed your computer time.

kevin kolodzy

Postby kevin kolodzy » 07 Feb 2008

I haven't reloaded any charts since Sunday, and my usd/cad daily data appears to be intact for Dec 2007 through present (and is correct further back as well).

So, this may be a new data delivery issue. Of course this is a beta server, so I hope all of these problems will be resolved soon.

thomas becker

I´ve used the port 8000 (for FXCM) but the problem persits.

It´s very frustrating if you want to work with MCFX! :?

kevin kolodzy

Since my previous post, MCFX crashed when I tried to reload a chart, and on daily charts there is no data between 12/24/07 and today.

kevin kolodzy

A quick fix - format the symbol compression from 1 Day to 24 Hour.

Another interesting discovery:

Add a 24-hour bar chart as data 2. Change the original chart from 1-day to 24-hour, and then back to 1 day. You now have daily data again in the main chart for the period after 12/24/07! Bizarre.

MKlein

A quick fix - format the symbol compression from 1 Day to 24 Hour.

Another interesting discovery:

Add a 24-hour bar chart as data 2. Change the original chart from 1-day to 24-hour, and then back to 1 day. You now have daily data again in the main chart for the period after 12/24/07! Bizarre.
If you're looking at USD/CAD, the data in that pair appears to have been restored.

Trying those techniques with GBP/USD or USD/JPY, for example, nothing happens. The data is still missing.

M Klein

kevin kolodzy

Yes, the problem seems to be with certain pairs. Of the 6 I follow presntly, the two xxxUSD are missing data: gbpusd and nzdusd. usdcad and several Yen pairs are okay.

MKlein

Yes, the problem seems to be with certain pairs.
From a quick scan, it seems that:

eurgbp usdchf gbpusd usdjpy nzdjpy nzdusd audcad audusd cadjpy chfjpy eurcad eurchf

all have missing hourly and daily data, and:

audjpy eurjpy eurusd gbpaud gbpchf gbpjpy usdhkd usdsgd eurnzd audnzd euraud

do not.

M Klein

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Feb 2008

Thank you MKlein!

We're working.

Return to “Old MCFX Price Server”