Honest query about project management site

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Honest query about project management site

Postby MidKnight » 06 Feb 2014

To the MC team:

How long do you let things stay in a "Not Reviewed" state?
Why are there items in that list exceeding 2 years that are still not reviewed?
Is it MC policy to use the project management site as a way to shut clients up without having to address their needs?

Frustratingly yours,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Honest query about project management site

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Feb 2014

Hello MidKnight,

Project Management experienced some crashes in the past, some statuses were lost and each of the requests should reviewed one-by-one now. We are doing it, but the priority is given to bugs and requests with greater number of votes.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Feb 2014

How long do you let things stay in a "Not Reviewed" state?
Why are there items in that list exceeding 2 years that are still not reviewed?
That also annoys me somewhat. I'd love to see some more active work on this.
Project Management experienced some crashes in the past, some statuses were lost and each of the requests should reviewed one-by-one now. We are doing it, but the priority is given to bugs and requests with greater number of votes.
Respectfully I would like to say that, if the PM should be used actively by users (including voting and adding new things), MC should also keep it 'tidy' and up-to-date. It's a two-way, reciprocal effort I suppose.

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 07 Feb 2014

I'd also, respectfully agree with what JoshM says. There is a major IB key issue for me that I would like to raise but note it is already in the project management site but under a not reviewed state coming up 2 years now. I'm tempted to raise the issue again since someone last raised it 2 years ago, but it will be duplication.

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 07 Feb 2014

Hello MidKnight,

That is not true Henry. There are items that get put into the features with a low number of votes and are not bug fixes or overly critical items offering limited end user gain. I just checked now and see some feature requests being addressed with only 4 votes - Rounded time-scales for charts, come on......yeah its nice, but not that critical. Chart Title Status Line Split Option - another one with 4 votes that has already made it into a release.

Since 4 votes is your cut off, then you'll be implementing my request for chart scale?
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1480

Or what about this one, it has more than your 4 vote cut off and is pretty critical for Interactive Brokers users.
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1224
^^ 2 years ago and still not reviewed. This item is critical for IB data users and I'd say its a pretty significant oversight in your IB data offering.

I greatly appreciate the value of having a project management facility but how you choose what goes into the releases is beyond merely votes and critical bugs.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 08 Feb 2014

There are items that get put into the features with a low number of votes and are not bug fixes or overly critical items offering limited end user gain.
What I also see as a weak point of the Project Management is that issues are set to 'Under Review', even though we all know that they are never going to happen.

For example, translating MultiCharts in another language of one of the smallest countries in Europe (209), adding a black line for making groupings in the QuoteManager (already possible by using the filters; 145), MultiCharts posting to WordPress and Blogger (174).

Furthermore, other PM's are already implemented or made possible, but not closed. For example, providing a log of all alerts (814).

While the PM site is a great idea, in its current form it's a big list of messy things. And since its such an unwieldy large list, I suspect very few users take the time to read issues and vote on them. Therefore: low vote counts and, as a result, not good insight in what MC customers want.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Feb 2014

All feature requests are forwarded to the management of the company and are evaluated in a timely manner. Please note that even though we value your opinion not all requests can be implemented due to the fact that some features do not fit into our current roadmap.

MidKnight, your request for chart scale will be implemented in MultiCharts 9.0 beta 1.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”