Strategy Disappears from Chart While Active

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

Strategy Disappears from Chart While Active

Postby momentum » 08 Feb 2007

Twice, the strategy (signal) I was using on a chart disappeared without human intervention.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 08 Feb 2007

Dear momentum,

Please, could you tell me in details what do you mean by saying "disappeared"?

Postby Guest » 08 Feb 2007

The strategy no longer appears in the Format Objects SIGNALS tab and previous signals on the chart are no longer there

Postby Guest » 08 Feb 2007

The strategy no longer appears in the Format Objects SIGNALS tab and previous signals on the chart are no longer there

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 08 Feb 2007

Is the problem reproducible? If this is a case then let us know how to reproduce it please.

momentum

Postby momentum » 08 Feb 2007

Not sure. I'll have to wait until it happens again.

mustbecrap

Indicator disappeared

Postby mustbecrap » 09 Feb 2007

I have seen the same.... previously when this has happened it had been after a fault that caused a freezing of the program. When I would reopen the program as many as 70% of indicators were missing off the charts.. I would usually end up recompiling all the indicators as they would now appear as uncompiled.

Today I simply went to adjust the size of a chart and the indicator disappeared... It said it was there but it wasnt. It was still appearing on some other charts so I knew it wasn't a compile issue... Anyway I eventually had to remove the indicator and reattach and problem solved....

I haven't been able to reproduce it

momentum

Postby momentum » 09 Feb 2007

My current "guess" is that the problem is caused by a conflict with indicators that come from an .eld translation and that have "commentary" as part of the indicator. I don't have time now to test this extensively.

mustbecrap

Again

Postby mustbecrap » 09 Feb 2007

It just happened again... different chart... different indicator... I could not get it back and had to delete the chart and redo it...

It disappears the moment I pressed the "expand" button at the top of the screen....

Last time it was when I was simple resizing, this time when I was doing a similar function...

maybe that will help to track it down

momentum

Postby momentum » 09 Feb 2007

I do not have this issue when I resize. I only lose SIGNALS but have not had a recurrence of the issue since I deleted inficators with complex COMMENTARY logic added.

Perhaps the issue is related to the fact that COMMENTARIES are a TS tool that requires an ALERT COMMENTARY window that MC does not have and instead of displaying, something gets deletrd that conflicts.

????

Return to “MultiCharts”