Inexpensive Universal DDE datasource

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DammitJim

Inexpensive Universal DDE datasource

Postby DammitJim » 10 Feb 2007

Anybody know of some "reliable" and inexpensive DDE datafeeds that are compatible with MultiCharts for under $20/month?

I found PCQuotes, which is 9.95/month, and is supposedly DDE compliant, I will contact them to see.
http://www.pcquote.com/products/index.php

Thank you,
Jim

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 11 Feb 2007

Hi Jim,

What markets do you need?

DammitJim

Postby DammitJim » 11 Feb 2007

I just need US Equities. No options

Kate

Postby Kate » 12 Feb 2007

I recommend you to use OpenTick instead of DDE data feed as it is really inexpensive (I mean exchange fees) and seamlessly integrated into MultiCharts.

DammitJim

Postby DammitJim » 12 Feb 2007

I am currently using Opentick, but the connection is terrible and there are problems with their data. They are in the process of upgrading their servers, but in the meantime I wouldn't mind paying for another datafeed. Please let me know of any other datafeeds you recommend.

Thanks,
Jim

DTN IQFeed

Postby DTN IQFeed » 12 Feb 2007

Jim,

We can sell you a DDE only feed for $20 plus exchange fees, but it would only give you streaming data. No historical data. Plus, DDE isn't really efficient. Since it is still IQFeed, you will get our high speed and highly reliable feed, but I normally don't recommend DDE for someone asking for "Reliability". Of course, for $50 per month plus exchange fees, you will have the full IQFeed with historical data which is directly supported by MC. Just contact our sales group at 800-475-4755 and tell them you want IQFeed DDE only and we can get you taken care of. One caveat would be to check with MC first to ensure that they support IQFeed's DDE.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Trading Markets

Nick

Postby Nick » 14 Feb 2007

Hi Jay,

Do you have continuous contracts yet? I signed up for a trial I guess a couple of years back and this feature was 'imminent'. Actually its less important to me now (though would be good if MC would back adjust).

I have to say I had a really bad experience with DTN customer service a year or ntwo back. I canceled my free trial after 3 days and as it was close to Xmas holidays got a CS rep to confirm the cancellation by email. Of course in the new year DTN tried to bill me. After a dozen or so emails back and forth DTN decided to take me to court. I said fine see you there and btw I will be claiming my expenses. That was the last I heard from DTN.

It left a very bitter taste however. No reply to emails, letters or phone calls. And despite being presented with all the details demonstrating that there billing was in error a complete inability to resolve it.

DTN IQFeed

Postby DTN IQFeed » 14 Feb 2007

Nick,

It sounds like you definately had a bad service experience. I can assure you that whatever problems there would have been with support a couple years ago have been resolved. Customer Support is one of the biggest reason people choose us now. We have 800# support that answers on the first ring 95% of the time. We respond to emails on average within 10 minutes. We have RT Chat on our website as well. In the end, billing issues should never go unresolved as you describe.

As for Continuous contracts, yes. Mainly for the Electronics. We still have a "sort of" manual roll process on our servers, but we are currently providing continuous data on symbols such as the Emini (@ES#) back to 1998. For the continous contract, use the root symbol with a # at the end.

Please give us another try. If you have anything close to a negative experience, please contact me directly at 800-485-4000 ext. 2816 or jay.froscheiser@dtn.com. I want to hear about any customer experience, both good or bad.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

Return to “MultiCharts”