Gripes....

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TT99

Gripes....

Postby TT99 » 09 Feb 2007

This is software that could be great, but I still have the following gripes/ I am referring to the latest version:

1. It still does not shut down cleanly... it leaves processes running etc.
2. It does not save the settings on indicators from one session to the next, even if you set "Use as default"... this happens with the traderlogic indicators, and is a major time waster.
3. It does not properly fill empty areas in charts. I have a Live Hog chart (LH Q7), which is missing 10 days back in January, and it just does not backfill them
4. It has spikes in the data (esignal) and, short of manually removing them (which is a pain), they stay

So, that's it... with the above, it is still too unreliable for a tool that could cost you thousands if it fails... and I do not want to spend hours with your (admittedly great) support... I just want these issues to go away.

Kate

Postby Kate » 12 Feb 2007

Dear TT99,

I hope this will alleviate a bit your gripes:

1. As far as I understand you don't want to spend your time with our support, so please send me to tokareva@tssupport.com your workspaces, databases and also tell me how many instances of MultiCharts you are using and what exactly we should do to make the processes not terminate correctly. I mean you just close your workspaces and that's all or do something else before closing MultiCharts and then the processes freeze?

2.In the next release the problem causing indicator settings not to be saved will be fixed.

3.Have you tried to reload LH Q7 data to backfill the missing days?

4.MultiCharts doesn't have a filter to filter out incorrect data yet, but it will be implemented in 2.1 version.

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2007

Responses inserted
Dear TT99,

I hope this will alleviate a bit your gripes:

1. As far as I understand you don't want to spend your time with our support, so please send me to tokareva@tssupport.com your workspaces, databases and also tell me how many instances of MultiCharts you are using and what exactly we should do to make the processes not terminate correctly. I mean you just close your workspaces and that's all or do something else before closing MultiCharts and then the processes freeze?

*** Are you joking this problem has been going on for months and months thru all your versions. It hardly ever shuts down politely. You ought to know this.

2.In the next release the problem causing indicator settings not to be saved will be fixed.

*** Great Caesars Ghost , I will believe it when I see it... Olsen go get the camera.

3.Have you tried to reload LH Q7 data to backfill the missing days?

***This feature "DOES NOT WORK RELIABLY" when your fire up your computer in the middle of the day you cross your fingers a new hole will not be created because then you have to delete a day or two back so you can try and reload again.

4.MultiCharts doesn't have a filter to filter out incorrect data yet, but it will be implemented in 2.1 version.

***AweSome

~J

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2007

Runaway processes remaining in windows after multicharts shutdown is a persistent problem for many prior versions including this latest beta.

It has been reported many times by different customers.

I am sure Multicharts developers and support can easily verify that it is still a problem.

Just close Multicharts, open up task manager and you will see some processes remaining.

Nick

Postby Nick » 13 Feb 2007

I quite often find I need to restart MC due to 'undocumented features'. A lot of the services require several seconds to shut down after MC has exited. If you re-start MC before checking the sevrices ahve stopped it will cause problems.

Having a dialogue box saying MC is shutting down please wait (and checking all the services are shutdown) would go a long way to allieviating the problem. Of course some times services just get 'stuck' and then a re-boot is the safest course. Really it is unacceptable that MC needs a restart at all. TS2000i I could leave running 24/5 with no problems.

Trading is largely waiting around for a setup to occur. To alleviate boredom many traders (me included) will mess around with ideas in a seperate workspace. MC is still not robust enough for 'messing around'.

Kate

Postby Kate » 13 Feb 2007

The problem with the runaway processes that cannot terminate correctly is quite a complicated one and depends on each particular environment, workspaces, databases, a number of instances, etc. If it was a trivial one, we would have fixed it long ago. Each time before releasing a new version we test it to make sure that none of the processes is left and MultiCharts terminates properly on our side. But it seems impossible to foresee all environments and conditions to prepare tests and that's why I asked TT99 to send us his workspaces.

Any feedback concerning this issue will be most appreciated and help us fix the problem faster.

Re: Gripes....

This is software that could be great, but I still have the following gripes/ I am referring to the latest version:

1. It still does not shut down cleanly... it leaves processes running etc.
I found that even if I go to the Task Manager to delete the offending programs, MC still would not re-start properly. I have to reboot the computer to be sure of a clean re-start.

Besides these processes:
MCActiveX.exe,
MultiCharts.exe,
QuoteManager.exe,
tsServer.exe

I found that sometimes another Multicharts process TwsService.exe also tends to remain in the system even after i exit Multicharts.

Nick

Postby Nick » 14 Feb 2007

How about when starting MC checking to see if services are already running? Then take apropriate action (maybe wait 30 seconds and then tell the user to re-boot).

Closing MC and immediately restarting it will cause problems (multiple services).

Kate

Postby Kate » 14 Feb 2007

Guests and Nick,

If this problem is reproduced each time you close MultiCharts, please contact us as we'd like to analyze its reasons via HelpDesk.

Return to “MultiCharts”