Turning On Autotrading Problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

Turning On Autotrading Problem

Postby momentum » 08 Feb 2007

When I turn on Autotrading for a chart MC also enables autotrading for ALL strategies running in the same workspace, without warning and without trader having to ACCEPT warning.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 08 Feb 2007

Dear momentum,
When I turn on Autotrading for a chart MC also enables autotrading for ALL strategies running in the same workspace,

Currently ALL strategies in ALL MultiCharts instances will be sending orders in case AutoTrading is enabled for any of them. Later we will add an option allowing to limit AutoTrading only for a given workspace or window.
without warning and without trader having to ACCEPT warning.
Make sure you have checked the "Require order confirmation" check box.

momentum

Postby momentum » 08 Feb 2007

No point in having to confirm an order. I might as well use Bracket Trader for that.

This is a serious problem.

Opening a second instance of MC does not resolve this. Changing this as soon as possible is a priority. I cannot work on an optimisation while I am trading as orders would be executed.

momentum

Postby momentum » 09 Feb 2007

EACH signal (strategy) needs to be able to be separately configured by DEFAULT.

Everything should be OFF unless turned on.

We need to be able to setup each signal with different autotrade parameters including SOUND ALERTS using different sound files for each.

We need to be able to work on an optimisation while we let the computer do our trading during the day without the optimisation sending trades to IB.

The point of autotrading for many of us is the SPEED of reaction to a signal that cannot be duplicated by humans. I need an instant response and something to tell me I have traded.

Having an indicator on a chart that the signal has been automated is important too, as is the ability to DISABLE the automation with just one or two clicks in the event of a problem.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 12 Feb 2007

Dear momentum,

In the nearest future we will add separated AutoTrading. I.e. it will be possible to configure AutoTrading for each Chart Window separately.
Having an indicator on a chart that the signal has been automated is important too, as is the ability to DISABLE the automation with just one or two clicks in the event of a problem.
This functionality will be added later.

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2007

I agree with momentum on this one. Globally enabling autotrading was a big mistake/omission especially for the first go round of AutoTrading. In my view it compounds having selected IB as the first trade connection as you cannot get them on the phone when a signal gets mistakenly enabled and trades must be canceled out.

J~

Return to “MultiCharts”