auto trade account not changing chart trading account

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
hairyMug

auto trade account not changing chart trading account

Postby hairyMug » 23 Jun 2014

As per your advice, each strategy broker setting is set per symbol BUT
when using an IB "FA" account, selecting an account in the strategy does not change the account on the chart trading drop-down which results in the chart not showing the position UNLESS I specifically pick the account from the chart trading combo-box.

In addition to this, selecting a single account in the "FA" settings is ignored if the default account is set to the main FA account...

It seems that selecting an account in a strategy should also set the same account in the drop-down...

Henry MultiСharts

Re: auto trade account not changing chart trading account

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Jun 2014

Hello hairyMug,

Selecting an account in the auto trading plugin settings will not set the same account in the chart trading account drop-down list. Please select the required account manually and save your workspace.

hairyMug

Postby hairyMug » 30 Jun 2014

Ok, so it will not set it, BUT the setting in the drop-down is used by the wonderful "managed" trade engine, so in order to have my automated trades actually use the the account I have specified, I must set the same account on each chart... and I trade 20 charts...
I have verified this; and it does not make any sense to me... Is it possible that this is yet another "undocumented" feature (bug)??
Don't you agree that the auto-trader should use the account specified in the strategy?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jul 2014

Ok, so it will not set it, BUT the setting in the drop-down is used by the wonderful "managed" trade engine, so in order to have my automated trades actually use the the account I have specified, I must set the same account on each chart...
The auto trading works independently from the chart trading toolbar. Auto trading gets the settings from the Auto trading plugin configuration (Format->Strategy properties->Auto trading plugin->Settings). If you have FA account - please do not fill in the Default account field.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”