MC.Net integration with TWS

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
JGSmith

MC.Net integration with TWS

Postby JGSmith » 12 Jun 2014

The MC.Net integration with TWS appears to cost ~39/month.

If somebody has the lifetime license, is this still required?

JGSmith

Re: MC.Net integration with TWS

I am attempting to try out the MC.Net integration and it is not connecting to TWS - which I understand that I should be able to use the charting feature, but if I want to trade with it then it is 39/month.

But, when I attempt to connect, I am getting these two error messages shown in the screenshots below.

TWS is open and connected.
Attachments
tws error 2.png
(138.18 KiB) Downloaded 1043 times

JGSmith

here is the other screenshot mentioned previously
Attachments
tws error 1.png
(131.95 KiB) Downloaded 1038 times

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 12 Jun 2014

If you have a lifetime license I do not think you need the "special" TWS integration version at an extra cost. My lifetime license works just fine with the TWS.

With kind regards,
MK

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 13 Jun 2014

If you have a lifetime license I do not think you need the "special" TWS integration version at an extra cost. My lifetime license works just fine with the TWS.
There is indeed no benefit in using MC for TWS over a lifetime license. The latter has even more features (Portfolio Backtester, QuoteManager) that MC .NET for TWS does not has.

Regarding the errors, I've also had these when IB TWS was already connected to another application. The settings for IB TWS can be found under 'File' in the main window of MC .NET for TWS. However, I could not find where to specify the application ID MC .NET for TWS uses to connect to IB TWS, so I also like to know the answer to this topic. :)

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 13 Jun 2014

I could be wrong, but I think the client ID of zero is reserved by TWS for the application that is placing orders. If you are connected to the TWS with your MC.net then you may not be able to connect to the TWS with your third party order entry.

Don't worry though, you can still receive data from the TWS into MC.net. The way I handle this is I open the MC.net trade bar and right click on the IB tab to disconnect the broker profile.

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but hopefully it may be of some help towards getting things working for you.

With kind regards,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jun 2014

Hello JGSmith,

MultiCharts .NET for TWS and MultiCharts .NET are separate products and require individual licenses.
If you have full version of MultiCharts .NET - you can connect it to IB TWS for charting and trading.

As for your connection issue - please make sure there are no other applications connecting to IB TWS using Client ID = 0.

philippas

Postby philippas » 09 Jul 2014

I have a question regarding the "free" Multicharts.Net version.
It says the for "automatic transmission of orders to tws" i have to pay 39$/mo.
Does that mean auto-trading only or any order transmission?

Is that + the listed features the only difference from the free to the 39$ version?

Is the "free" Multicharts.Net version time limited? Meaning am I still able to transmit non-automatic orders after 30 days to the TWS (chart trading)?

I'm asking because i get no indication of an ending / progressing trial after starting the free MC.Net...
And i can nowhere see in the platform when a potential trial will end.

thanks,
Phil

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Jul 2014

Hello Phil,

Both automated and manual order execution types are not supported in the free version of MultiCharts .NET for TWS. There are no other functionality limitations apart from that compared to the paid version. When your trial is expired - there will be a popup window that says "your trial is expired, 0 days left" upon start of MC .NET for TWS.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”