variableseries or Iseries..i don't understand differences  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
shivax

variableseries or Iseries..i don't understand differences

Postby shivax » 23 Jul 2014

See topic....i 'm new in mc.net...i read forum and documentation but i don't understand
when to use Iseries and when to use Variableseries...

Maybe because I'm new c # .. but how do I know through documentation (See pic below) that does not describe what it do..
Thanks you for explanation
Attachments
Immaginemazza.png
(84.84 KiB) Downloaded 863 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: variableseries or Iseries..i don't understand difference  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Jul 2014

Hello shivax,

ISeries - Base interface for functions, series variables, and price series. Provides access to historical values of inherited objects. For a list of all members of this type, see ISeries<T> Members .

VariableSeries - class that allows access to and preserves historical variable values (for a series of variables). More info here.

orad

Re: variableseries or Iseries..i don't understand difference

Postby orad » 16 Jan 2015

Hi shivax,

Here's a good description about variable classes:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Variables

HellGhostEvocatorX

Re: variableseries or Iseries..i don't understand differences

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 21 Dec 2022

Hello Henry, I'll join you here. Variable Series and Objects I understand how these work thanks to the links here.

But do I understand correctly that I (can) use ISeries exclusively in functions?

Basically, I only need 2 values ​​for almost everything: price data and time data (possibly volume, etc.). What is the "base" of these values, or how can I access them. For example, I currently use bars.close.Value or Bars.Time and write this into a variable Series for further processing. Is there a better way here?

And is there a way "using System.Linq;" Methods to use with Variable Series? In terms of functionality, variable rows should be nothing more than a "list" that is used with the aggregate method. At the moment I'm writing the variables Series in own lists in order to be able to use the useful methods of listen.

Polly MultiCharts

Re: variableseries or Iseries..i don't understand differences

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 11 Jan 2023

Hello HellGhostEvocatorX,
But do I understand correctly that I (can) use ISeries exclusively in functions?
You can use ISeries not only in functions but in signals and indicators as well.
Basically, I only need 2 values ​​for almost everything: price data and time data (possibly volume, etc.). What is the "base" of these values, or how
can I access them. For example, I currently use bars.close.Value or Bars.Time and write this into a variable Series for further processing. Is there a better way here?
You can use the method you’ve described or you can take values from the series simply by the bar index, as in a standard indicator. Please see this code sample for reference:

Code: Select all

using System; using System.Drawing; using System.Linq; using PowerLanguage.Function; namespace PowerLanguage.Indicator { public class ss2 : IndicatorObject { public ss2(object _ctx):base(_ctx){} private IPlotObject plot1; protected override void Create() { // create variable objects, function objects, plot objects etc. plot1 = AddPlot(new PlotAttributes("", EPlotShapes.Line, Color.Red)); } protected override void StartCalc() { // assign inputs } protected override void CalcBar() { // indicator logic plot1.Set(Bars.Close[0]); } } }
And is there a way "using System.Linq;" Methods to use with Variable Series?
No, Linq cannot be used for VariableSeries, as VariableSeries is a sealed class and it does not use the methods of the IEnumerable, IEnumerator interfaces.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”