Error Message -'Wrong File Format!'

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
DonBoh

Error Message -'Wrong File Format!'

Postby DonBoh » 31 Jul 2014

Hi, i am using MC.Nets for TWS. It was working fine until recently i receive the error message: 'Wrong File Format!' everytime i restart my PC. The result is i could not load up the desktop i have previously created and saved.

Please advise. Thanks.

Don

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Error Message -'Wrong File Format!'

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jul 2014

Hello Don,

This message means that the workspace/desktop file is corrupted or you do not have access to the folder where it is located.
Please try to place the workspace/desktop file on the desktop or in my documents folder.
If you still have the same error-please open the workspace using notepad.
If the file is not empty and has text-please send it to us. We will try to restore it.
If the file has only spaces and broken symbols-unfortunately there is no way to restore this workspace/desktop file.

DonBoh

Postby DonBoh » 31 Jul 2014

Thanks Henry. I manage to open the file from Desktop but the charts are blank with the messages such as 'History (TWS, TWQ14), Realtime(TWS, TWQ14), Futures, SGX, Expiration Date 30.12.99 00:00:00. History Symbol not found RealTime Symbol not found' on the top of the blank chart.

I open the file using Notepad and they are not empty.

All these errors come during the period when my PC will sometimes be terminated automatically (Error Message on blue screen: Hardware Malfunction. Your system is terminated) and i am not sure are they affecting each other. I am still trying to fix my PC currently.

Thanks
Don

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Aug 2014

Don, is TWS running while MC for TWS is open? Are you logged in TWS with the proper account?
If TWS is up and running with the proper account but you still have this behavior - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3 pm EST to demonstrate it remotely.

Please keep in mind that MultiCharts user data (like any other windows files) can become corrupted by incorrect application shutdown, application crash or freeze, power outage, PC crash.

DonBoh

Postby DonBoh » 01 Aug 2014

Yes, the MC is opened within TWS.

I manage to get the charts up again by placing the file on the Desktop and reloading the data directly from IB. Not sure if i will still have the same problem if i restart my PC and open the MC again. If it does, i will keep you posted. Thanks for your help.

Don

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”