OPENTICK

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

OPENTICK

Postby widgetman » 28 Feb 2007

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone is using opentick as a data feed, and if so how reliable it was. I know they had issues in the past. any input would be appreciated.
-Thanks

widgetman

OpenTick

Postby widgetman » 28 Feb 2007

Hi,
I also noticed that I can load symbols from Opentick feed, but no realtime data loads after the history data comes in. Do they require a subscription for real time data ? It claims tick data is free on their page. Any help would be appreciated.
The symbols I tried are listed below.

/6EH7 Loaded history fine, but no Realtime
/ER2H7 Loaded data but the candles were compressed. No Realtime

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 01 Mar 2007

Dear Sir,

To get realtime data you need to pay exchange fee as usual. The opentick' service itself is free.

widgetman

OpenTick Data

Postby widgetman » 02 Mar 2007

Hi,
Opentick did finally get back to me and I was told to have EMINI RT Data and Globex Data it would be ~ 35/month. That is very reasonable. I am however concerned about getting reliable tick data. Attached is a chart of the ER2 showing what came in to MC as history for a 89 tick chart. The Minute data loads fine, but on several tick charts I get compressed data like this. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere ?
Any help would be appreciated.
-Thanks
Attachments
OPENTICK_ER2.png
(45.33 KiB) Downloaded 682 times

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 02 Mar 2007

I do not see any problems on your settings. In case you need a reliable realtime tick datafeed I recommend you eSignal. You will have several times less data spikes.

widgetman

OpenTick Annoyance

Postby widgetman » 05 Mar 2007

Hi,
I recently signed up for a opentick feed to evaluate their service. I was very pleased with the data coming in , and overall performance until the markets closed. It seems that their data provider sends out some rogue spikes in the ER2H7 data that is the OHLC as a single tick. This causes MC to spike my cnadles on the charts resulting in my custom indicators gettin all screwed up. Opentick expressed to me on the phone that they believed MC should filter them, but I pointed out MC is not in the tick filtering business. I recommend anyone considering opentick to wait unless Opentick comes up with a way to resolve this matter. Any thoughts ?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Mar 2007

Dear Sirs,

The data filter functionality will be added in the nearest future.

Return to “MultiCharts”