Cannot Delete Bad Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

Cannot Delete Bad Data

Postby momentum » 02 Mar 2007

My eSig data for AB #F for 3Jan07 is corrupted. I cannot delete it.
I closed all AB #F charts, went to Quote Manager, loaded tick data covering 3Jan07, selected all data from 2Jan07 to 3Jan07, data was highlighted blue, I hit delete and the data I had highlighted disappeared, I then created a new AB #F chart but the bad data was still there.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Tx

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 04 Mar 2007

To edit bad ticks:
1. EDIT bad ticks, and not DELETE them (leave the time stamps, edit the price/volume data; you may use the last good tick data preceeding the first bad tick to keep the chart smooth).
Otherwise on the next run QM checks the database integrity and downloads bad ticks again.
2. After you edited bad ticks, click Clear Cache to clear the cache.
3. Restart MC (make sure all processes are gone).
4. Plot the chart. It should be correct now.
Note. DO NOT click "Reload". In case you "Reload" the chart QM will write the bad ticks over corrected ticks.

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 23 Mar 2007

To edit bad ticks:
1. EDIT bad ticks, and not DELETE them (leave the time stamps, edit the price/volume data; you may use the last good tick data preceeding the first bad tick to keep the chart smooth).
Otherwise on the next run QM checks the database integrity and downloads bad ticks again.
2. After you edited bad ticks, click Clear Cache to clear the cache.
3. Restart MC (make sure all processes are gone).
4. Plot the chart. It should be correct now.
Note. DO NOT click "Reload". In case you "Reload" the chart QM will write the bad ticks over corrected ticks.
NOW you tell me. Why do we have to shut down MC completely to edit data? This is stupid, especially if we are watching markets during the trading day!

With a datafeed such as transact, you must be connected all the time as there is no backfill.

What we need is ability to REFRESH data from the local database. I don't see why MC has to pull new data everytime. REFRESHING should only recalculate from the local database.

RELOADING should pull all new data. Also, there should be a prompt for RELOADING. This would double-check to ensure this is what the user wants to do.

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 Mar 2007

Josh,

So far the program architecture imposes such working logic that after clearing the cache the user should restart MultiCharts and let TSServer terminate its work to reset the cache.

As concerns TransAct, I recommend you to edit data before the market opens.
But we will certainly consider the possibility of implementing Refresh option.

Return to “MultiCharts”