Max rate of messages per second error

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
palmone

Max rate of messages per second error

Postby palmone » 06 Oct 2014

Hi,
since i have started to insert a number of manual orders (but not too much, 6-10 orders/positions)
i constantly expercincing this problem which causes a lot of continuos disconnection/reconnection between Multichart and Interactive Brokers:
"Max rate of messages per second error has been exceeded:max=50 rec = ...."
I have only 3 charts in autotrading.
How can i understand why and solve it?
Thank you

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Max rate of messages per second error

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 06 Oct 2014

Hello palmone,

"Max rate of messages per second error has been exceeded:max=50 rec = ...." - this is the message coming from IB API indicating that there are too many order-related request for a specific time period sent from MC to IB. It means you should send/modify/cancel less orders than you do right now (including both strategy and manual orders). Most likely your strategies are in IOG mode and they constantly send/modify/cancel orders.

Smoky

Postby Smoky » 06 Oct 2014

LoL

First MC is not good for auto-trading !

1) MC is the king of popup ! and your study never know them !
(your study can't ask for last popup message too !)

2) ALL other auto-trading platforms give you an unique order ID to know what append on market, NOT MC ! you send orders and can't know exacly where are there status :
(received,waiting,filled,part filled, rejected(and why reject (buying power, error, capital missing ...)), saved, closed)
Sorry but MC Team find always a workaround but others Trading Platform give you a status immediatly !

I am obliged to use a third party software to send realy my orders and manage them to my broker !
I only use MC to make signals ! that so !

palmone

Hi Andrew in this moment i just have: 0 orders, 10 manual positions taken few days ago, 3 autotrading charts wit IOG=FALSE.
The 3 strategiest doesn't not modify orders and they are really "low frequency" trading strategiest type.
I see this condition frequently happen if i send manual orders (i mean 5-6 orders not 1000) before the opening of the market (for example amercian stock market)
Could this simple setup affect Multicharts??

Andrew MultiCharts

First MC is not good for auto-trading !
I have to disagree.
1) MC is the king of popup ! and your study never know them !
(your study can't ask for last popup message too !)
I am not sure i am following you. What exactly do you mean by "can't ask for last popup message"?
2) ALL other auto-trading platforms give you an unique order ID to know what append on market, NOT MC ! you send orders and can't know exacly where are there status :
(received,waiting,filled,part filled, rejected(and why reject (buying power, error, capital missing ...)), saved, closed)
All orders' statuses can be found in the Order and Position Tracker. In MC .NET you can access this information from a code. It will be also possibe in future versions of regular MC.
Sorry but MC Team find always a workaround but others Trading Platform give you a status immediatly !
MC works the same way: it gives you the status immeditely, if this status is available from your broker. If there is a delay with sending the status, there will be the delay with showing it in MC.

Andrew MultiCharts

Hi Andrew in this moment i just have: 0 orders, 10 manual positions taken few days ago, 3 autotrading charts wit IOG=FALSE.
The 3 strategiest doesn't not modify orders and they are really "low frequency" trading strategiest type.
I see this condition frequently happen if i send manual orders (i mean 5-6 orders not 1000) before the opening of the market (for example amercian stock market)
Could this simple setup affect Multicharts??
As far as i know you are in the live chat with Cristina right now, she will study the case and help you.

palmone

Yes i'm am, thanks andrew. It seems there is a bug that will be fixed in 9.0

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 06 Oct 2014

Yes i'm am, thanks andrew. It seems there is a bug that will be fixed in 9.0
A little confusing because version 9.0 is already out today. What bug are you talking about? Will it get fixed in MC 9.1?

palmone

Postby palmone » 07 Oct 2014

Hi, to be honest i'm not seeing the bug fixed in the 9.0 release specifications.
I don't have from support the details of the bug, just that it will fix with the new release.
The problem is that inserting few manual orders (for example 5-10 pending orders or positions) Multcharts start to "spam" Interactive brokers (ib support words) causing the error in the object and continuos disconnections / reconnections.
I work a lot with manually pending orders especially market at open orders (not supported in Mc), market on close orders (not supported in MC) and limit pending orders and they affect the autotrading strategiest that are running.
The problem appears also when there are simple manual positions taken in the previous days.
I will try 9.0 and see what happen but i don't think is fixed (just 2 days after my bug report the new version was released)

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 07 Oct 2014

palmone,

The issue should have been fixed in MC 9.0. If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and continue working on the case.

Return to “MultiCharts”