Custom Futures - Bar Building Problems And Reloading issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bensat

Custom Futures - Bar Building Problems And Reloading issues

Postby bensat » 10 Oct 2014

MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 10014)

in the following link I uploaded a vid to show where my, and may others issues are, with the "Custom Future" feature. Specifically I try to show one issue with the bar building settings of daily bars from minute data. Further I'm trying to show you that reloading a of just one "Custom Future" leads into reloading any "Custom Future" in your portfolio of "Custom Futures".

Link >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVMwJ_h-3aA -- Quality could be better.

Issues :

1. Whenever you select a new "Custom Future" symbol in the same chart, your selection to "Build from minutes" to build daily bars gets lost. Always.

2. Can't build weekly-charts with "Custom Futures" while to option to "Build from minutes" stays there.

3. When you reload one "Custom Future" all "Custom Future" symbols get relaoded, so it takes "hours" to get your current chart reloaded.

4. During the reloading process, several messages "no security definition has been found: Symbol=XYZ" appeared ..... But symbols with all the data are there.

5. Is "Custome Future" not considering holidays ?

Feature Request Question :

2-3 days ago I came back to MC after leaving it ages ago when I was with MC Gold Vers. 5.5 or so. MC is nice and fast till you don't have "tons" of symbols and data loaded once. Like other retail products do and have their problems. But what wonders me is this weird "Custom Futures" feature. Back from 2003 I had to set-up 762 symbols just to build up 11 "Custom Futures". Why that ? The way how the adjustments are done we have to trust. Why we don't have the choice just to adjust the data from the Quotemanager itself by setting up an amount we would like to have the data adjusted (+/-). the symbol could be and already can be changed easily. Why we have to export all the data, adjust them outside the Quotemanager and import them back. First of all it takes much more time, is much more work and there are much more chance to make mistakes.

So I would like to open the request to rebuild the database and the adjustment process.

Thank you.

Ben

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Custom Futures - Bar Building Problems And Reloading iss

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Oct 2014

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your feedback. Let me answer your questions in order:
1. Whenever you select a new "Custom Future" symbol in the same chart, your selection to "Build from minutes" to build daily bars gets lost. Always.
This issue has been confirmed. Fix version is yet to be determined.
2. Can't build weekly-charts with "Custom Futures" while to option to "Build from minutes" stays there.
Please see Custom Futures limitations:The resolutions available for Custom Futures are 1 Day and lower (tick, point, contract, change, second, minute).
This limitation is not related to "Build from minutes" option.
3. When you reload one "Custom Future" all "Custom Future" symbols get relaoded, so it takes "hours" to get your current chart reloaded.
We are currently analyzing this behavior.
4. During the reloading process, several messages "no security definition has been found: Symbol=XYZ" appeared ..... But symbols with all the data are there.
These messages are referring to reatlime data subscriptions for expired instruments and are not an issue. There is no way to avoid them due to the nature of the custom futures.
5. Is "Custome Future" not considering holidays ?
There is a known issue when holidays are not considered when the option "build from minutes" is used. It will be fixed in MultiCharts 9.1 beta 1.
Feature Request Question :
2-3 days ago I came back to MC after leaving it ages ago when I was with MC Gold Vers. 5.5 or so. MC is nice and fast till you don't have "tons" of symbols and data loaded once. Like other retail products do and have their problems. But what wonders me is this weird "Custom Futures" feature. Back from 2003 I had to set-up 762 symbols just to build up 11 "Custom Futures". Why that ? The way how the adjustments are done we have to trust. Why we don't have the choice just to adjust the data from the Quotemanager itself by setting up an amount we would like to have the data adjusted (+/-). the symbol could be and already can be changed easily. Why we have to export all the data, adjust them outside the Quotemanager and import them back. First of all it takes much more time, is much more work and there are much more chance to make mistakes.
Thank you for your suggestion. It has been forwarded to our management.

Return to “MultiCharts”